Imperial Yeast - forum member reviews.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You were gonna place the order anyway and you got some free yeast.

No need to Cryo about it ;)

Not the point. Ordered everything as off work Friday and ready to brew, now I don't have the yeast which was promised as I ordered.
Over £60 of fresh ingredients and unable to use now.

gift-horse.jpg

HAHA.
If I could afford to pal I'd let you have them. Might have to scrap going to BSB at Oulton Park on Sunday soI can brew.

Was that the yeast you requested?

(I ask as Braindead didn't get the one he asked for)

I requested A24 Dry Hop, A15 Independence or A04 Barbarian to avoid being scuppered if the one I wanted ran out - I'm doing a well hopped (300g in 23l, 100g each Chinook, Cascade & Cenennial) US IPA so I went for the yeasts I felt would work for the style. I've never used the Conan strain before, which is what this apparently is, so it'll be a new experience however it turns out!

Well. not bloody happy at all.
Spent £25 on cryo hops and asked for the A38 juice yeast as I was told too, and bloody flagship arrived.

Why not state that you would send out a useless random yeast not the one I requested.
Bang out of order.

So you requested a particular yeast and ordered other ingredients for a specific recipe based on the yeast and the expectation you would recieve it?
Whilst I'm not unsypathetic but judging by Jonathans posts about how, 'the yeast packs were going fast and you needed to get your order in quick' I would have thought it a bit of a risk to do something like ordering ingredients based on a give away.

Last edited:
So you requested a particular yeast and ordered other ingredients for a specific recipe based on the yeast and the expectation you would recieve it?
Whilst I'm not unsypathetic but judging by Jonathans posts about how, 'the yeast packs were going fast and you needed to get your order in quick' I would have thought it a bit of a risk to do something like ordering ingredients based on a give away.

Not really. I would be annoyed. The offer was free yeast but you had to order something to qualify. There was nothing in there about it being a lucky dip.

I would be annoyed too. They should have advised him that the yeast he requested was not available. Being free doesn't change that.

Well. not bloody happy at all.
Spent £25 on cryo hops and asked for the A38 juice yeast as I was told too, and bloody flagship arrived.

Why not state that you would send out a useless random yeast not the one I requested.
Bang out of order.
Hi, I hope i have correctly identified your order and spoke to the staff member that packed it, it appears to have been an error that you were sent the wrong strain. My staff are flat out busy and its inevitable there will be the odd mistake but we pride ourselves on valuing our customers and we fix any errors in the best way we can. The yeast you requested is being sent today on a next day service to allow you to brew at the weekend. Thanks Jonathan

Well done lads probably the last freebee Jonathan offers members!
One member was sent the wrong yeast in error, its sorted now no need to make an issue of this, if anyone has an issue with an order i will always try my best to resolve it, feedback is always welcome, feel free to fire me a pm

We still have a few strains left to give away if anyone wants to jump on the offer

We still have a few strains left to give away if anyone wants to jump on the offer
What do you have left? Mrs Dundee will probably murder me for ordering 25kg of grain so close to moving house, but a free £10 yeast is a free £10 yeast!

Latest posts

Back