Imperial Yeast - forum member reviews.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we pride ourselves on valuing our customers and we fix any errors in the best way we can. The yeast you requested is being sent today on a next day service to allow you to brew at the weekend.

Thanks Jonathan.

Got Workhorse as requested delivered yesterday, in the fridge and waiting for Monday!

Much appreciated, cheers GEB!

One member was sent the wrong yeast in error, its sorted now no need to make an issue of this, if anyone has an issue with an order i will always try my best to resolve it, feedback is always welcome, feel free to fire me a pm

We still have a few strains left to give away if anyone wants to jump on the offer

I Placed an order last week and requested a yeast but received none. Ord: 621001. No big deal but would have been nice to have tried.

GetErBrewed rang me today which was very nice of them to do.
Apologised for the mixup and chatted about the yeast for a while.
So they asked for me to a do a full review which I will.
Thanks again Jonathan and your staff it was nice to chat

If anyone needed an excuse to try Geterbrewed they need to read this thread. That's proper customer service, very impressive.

Got mine today, thanks.
Not one of the 3 strains I asked about, but close enough athumb..
Very kind of you to send so much pricey yeast out for free - I'm brewing this w/e so will add the review in due course.
:cheers3:

Received mine thanks! I got the Juice for a vienna IPA I'm planning, will post a recipe closer to brew day.

Perfect timing from the postman arrived with the Imperial Juice just as I was chilling the wort of a Pale ale so I swapped for the US-05 I had on standby in case. I will review when beer is finished.

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Nevertheless, I did a NEIPA with Juice and it came out very well, and yesterday I bottled a lambic style beer that used the Sour Batch Kidz and has been sitting in the brew fridge for 4 months. A really nice balance of saison, brett funk and sourness. I put a gallon away for aging, a gallon on a kilo of cherries, another gallon on some mango pulp and bottled the rest. Can't fault these yeasts so far.

Can anyone confirm that the manufacturing date on Imperial yeast uses the US format of MM/DD/YYYY?

Well that yeast is a beast.
8 hrs into fermentation no signs, just stuck a standard airlock on my carboy and no blow off as it was dead still.
Went to bed and woke upon the morning to a messy kitchen.
Blew the airlock clean off and a volcano everywhere.
Make sure a blow off is used

I got the Juice yeast. I left plenty of headspace, so managed to avoid volcano. In my case it was showing activity within 4 hours and by the morning was flying. I dry hopped today and it's dropped from 1.046 to 1.010 but it is still bubbling fairly regularly 9 days later.

Back