IN PROGRESS How to refurbish a beer engine - Homark 1/3 Pint

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top and bottom come off easy enough but be careful with the piston ring carriage if you are changing the ring as it is easily damaged.

I think this is somewhere near finished.

There is lots of other stuff about how to get the handle assembly stripped without breaking it :doh: but I will save that in case someone asks.

Could you guys have a read through please to see if it makes sense before we publish.

BTW I have just finished a complete strip of a two pull cabinet unit which I will write up when I get chance.

Here is the finished item

Looks great Chris. I did notice that some of the code needs editing about half way down on the reassembly. You may also want to add links to suppliers of the new seals referb kits etc. But other than that well done. :clap:

I have put a picture of the kit and a link to CFBS towards the start thanks Bob. :thumb:

Can you give me some more info about the code as I can't see anything obvious. :wha:

:cheers:

I missed your link :thumb: . This is the bit where the code needs sorting. I copied the paragraph before and after so you can find it.

The piston seal is secured with a single nut and washer. The end of the piston is deformed deliberately to prevent the nut from coming loose during operation.
Grip the piston rod in a set of soft jaws in a vice and turn the nut anti clockwise, it will come loose with a bit of gentle persuasion. This will allow you to replaced the piston seal then re secure the nit with a centre punch mark across the not and end of piston rod.

Next job is to replace the rubber washer that acts as a bump stop.

Just about to publish this but unable to find a new topic button in the "Hot To........" section.

Think I'm missing something :doh:

Latest posts

Back