Incognito Advanced Hop Products for Home Brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get_Er_Brewed

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
INCOGNITO - Advanced Hop Products for Homebrewers

Max hop flavour with minimum process loss, packaged in pharmaceutical grade test tubes in a 15ml format perfect for homebrewers

100% Natural Hop Product
Brew hop forward beers with ease
100% Hops with Z E R O vegetative material
Plays well with pellets & leaf hops
Flowable at ambient temperatures
Variety Specific true to style consistent flavour

Sabro
Mosaic
Citra
Ekuanot
Available now:
https://www.geterbrewed.com/advanced-hop-products/

Attachments

• GEB-SM-Icognito-Hop-Concentrate-2020C.jpg
    GEB-SM-Icognito-Hop-Concentrate-2020C.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 154
We have just did a quick youtube video introducing Incognito if you guys want to check it out:

Whats the feedback from those of you who have tried it?

We reckon 3g per litre is the max
Good to know. I will drop 30ml next time.

A couple of notes for anyone thinking of using this in terms of practicality:
  • It is a bit of a pain to get off of anything it touches, boiler, fermenter, skin, clothes
  • Don't taste it pure...!
  • Flavour/aroma doesn't appear to degrade in the bottle as much as equivalent "normal" hopping.
  • I've not experienced any hop burn, yet
  • Butter will get it off your skin, lots of boiling water will take it off stainless, if you ferment in plastic be prepared for staining.
  • It seriously reduced the amount I've needed to dry hop
  • It's easier to incorporate if you separately mix it into a couple litres of hot wort then back into the whirlpool

I’m in a similar position to @A fool's paradise doing 9-11l batches so was curious about using it as an alternative to dry hopping as in this size of batch it tend to lead to some pretty serious losses. So was wondering if this is something where I could add direct to the keg instead of doing a more traditional dry hop.

I'd be inclined to say yes, depends if you want to utilise some of the "biotransformation" from adding the dry hop. I have used token amount of 10g to do this. But equally it could be completely unnecessary

Dry hop unknown @Get_Er_Brewed might know more
Fully dissolve, sort of. It has always left a residue at the water line.
I think what i actually meant was do you get full extraction at 75c? Most of my beers are no boil. I presume it will be the same as pellets though. Not worried about residue in the kettle but are you saying it could stain pet fermenters?
I did laugh at the thought of you trying some as i tasted a bit of hop oil once and instantly regretted it.

. I presume it will be the same as pellets though.
That would be my best guess. Maybe a bit more as there wouldn't be as much left behind in solid matter. (unless you transfer that through as well)
are you saying it could stain pet fermenters?
It has to my one, I now just have that as my Incognito fermenter. Not to worried about it, doesn't seem to be any negative effects, yet.
instantly regretted it.
I would argue it was the worst thing to happen to me in 2020

From what i've read it is incredibly sticky so if you added at 75c it might not dissolve properly.
I assume even a whirlpool would have to be as hot as possible to get it to work properly.........

It's a bit confusing i'll admit, Geterbrewed do 15 ml and Maltmiller do 15g, wonder if that means 1 ml = 1 g ??

Hey
I'll try and cover answers to the last few posts:
Incognito - We say 1ml = 5.8g of t90 hop pellets, max use rate of 3ml per litre is our recommendation. Incognito is 10-12% oil
Incognito is only for use in whirlpool only - recommended dose at 85-93 but is soluble down to 38 , recirculation is recommended
This product will behave differently depending on recipe ph etc when its added so hard to cover all bases, we have found that its an incredible product though and would encourage you to try it
There is new advanced hop products being launched real soon for dry hopping and we will share that with you when available
Let me know if i can be of further assistance
Best Regards
Jonathan

Latest posts

Back