Incognito Hop Extract.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has any one tried the CML hop extract?

The description says you can even put a few drops in your pint? I’m sorely tempted.

And after googling orange and grapefruit extract I found @AdeDunn ‘s post and I want to buy some orange extract to try in my IPA

Has any one tried the CML hop extract?

The description says you can even put a few drops in your pint? I’m sorely tempted.

And after googling orange and grapefruit extract I found @AdeDunn ‘s post and I want to buy some orange extract to try in my IPA
I've tried the extracts from brewferm and others and didn't really get on with them. Just artificial tastes that didn't align with the descriptions. You can certainly add them to a pint to get a feel for them

I've tried the extracts from brewferm and others and didn't really get on with them. Just artificial tastes that didn't align with the descriptions. You can certainly add them to a pint to get a feel for them

No need to buy expensive orange extracts, the Nielson Massey one has a lovely flavour and is quite cheap (don't get it confused with flavourings, they have a really nasty artificial flavour, where extract has a more natural flavour). I used the cold pressed Grapefruit from The Malt Miller in an IPA not long ago, not to my tastes as I don't like grapefruit, but my wife loves it. The Brewferm stuff, well I concluded that it was better value to just actually dry hop...

I tried the Spectrum Citra in a recent pale ale. I added it straight to the keg at a lower rate, but so far I can't recommend doing it that way. I just have a strong soapy bitterness going on - a bit like it smells straight out the pot. I split my brew into 2 kegs, and the other tastes just fine. Maybe it needs a few more days or maybe it's just not right for straight to keg.

I’ve been trying the maltmiller grapefruit extract im my Mandarina Bavaria single hop ale.

the flavour is amazing, and to me tastes exactly the same as the grapefruit flavour inElvis juice.

I did 0.2 ml in a 330ml glass, and although nice the grapefruit overpowered everything.
Just had a glass with 0.1 ml in 330 and the grapefruit was very prominent on the nose, distinct but subtle in the taste. I think the sweet spot may be a touch higher, but this is nice.

My single hop ale is underwhelming in terms of hop flavour so I’m debating throwing 5 or 6ml of this extract into the keg.

Well I tried the Mosaic Incognito from Geterbrewed today and found it super easy. I was worried that it would be thick and sticky, especially as I only wanted to use half of the 15 ml vial as my batch size was about 10 lts but that wasn't the case at all although I did heat it up in a cup of nearly boiling water beforehand and that made it very viable,
I added it at whirlpool with the temperature about 75c and left it for 30 minutes.

No problem with clean-up either, I feared that everything would have a sticky coating but no, everything exactly the same as without using it so great news.

Time will tell now how it fares....................

Love incognito.
Plus is that there's no loss due to a huge whirlpool addition.
Negative is a PITA to clean.
The the aroma seems to stay longer and not drop off as quick

Latest posts

Back