Indy Man 2019

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braindead

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone attending this year.

Little disappointed the line up is similar to last year.
Omnipollo here this year though.

Im working the Thursday and going Sunday

Only do the Sunday these days, it's lost the cool vibe it had when it first started. With Burning Sky and Kernel, there'll be plenty to keep me happy.

I'm volunteering on the Friday evening and then attending the early Saturday session.

Wish they would tell us what roles they are giving us.
No drinking on duty too.
Id love to work the Omnipollo stand and meet Henok

Wish they would tell us what roles they are giving us.
No drinking on duty too.
Id love to work the Omnipollo stand and meet Henok

Yeah, the e-mail last week sounds like they've assigned roles already so would be good to know.

I love IndyManBeerCon, but it's sort of ruined other beer festivals for me.

That good eh?

It's my first time there so will be good to see how it compares to LCBF/Cloudwater/Beavertown Extravaganza etc

Before IndyMan I'd only been to Camra festivals, which are great and I mean no disrespect to them. I'm a CAMRA member and I used to work them occasionally, but the beers are very traditional and a bit one note.

When I brew a stellar American IPA at home, which I prefer drinking to 90% of the American "style" IPAs at a festival it's a bit of a let down.

You're lucky if you get more than 1 or 2 saisons and/or sours.

IndyManBeerCon is genuinely an extravaganza of different beer styles. Northern Monk were the standout the year I went. If you enjoy it half as much as I did then you're in for a treat.

Before IndyMan I'd only been to Camra festivals, which are great and I mean no disrespect to them. I'm a CAMRA member and I used to work them occasionally, but the beers are very traditional and a bit one note.

When I brew a stellar American IPA at home, which I prefer drinking to 90% of the American "style" IPAs at a festival it's a bit of a let down.

You're lucky if you get more than 1 or 2 saisons and/or sours.

IndyManBeerCon is genuinely an extravaganza of different beer styles. Northern Monk were the standout the year I went. If you enjoy it half as much as I did then you're in for a treat.

Ah, I get you.

Sounds right up my street, I suspect it will be a good weekend all round.

That good eh?

It's my first time there so will be good to see how it compares to LCBF/Cloudwater/Beavertown Extravaganza etc

I've only done LCBF, but am familiar with the other events. Beer wise very similar, but the Baths are possibly a more interesting venue. Access to brewers and impromptu tastings used to put IMBC into a different league, I'm not sure if that gap hasn't closed up in recent years.

The baths as a venue is stunning.
My standouts last year were Cascade and Other Half from the states, Oh and The Veil was unreal.

Verdant and Buxton from the UK were good too.

Id say it was more sours than IPAs.

The soft serve at Buxton was fun so excited to see what Omnipollo bring.

Honestly its awesome, well have fun working it, ill prob be the oldest there..lol

Not sure how they will pick where we work, but surely as brewers and a huge beer knowledge they will put us somewhere good.

I went to Cloudwater Friends and Family last year and the brewery lineup knocked spots off Indyman, next years does already and only aa few released, but the location and vibe doesn't compare to indyman.

I went to Cloudwater Friends and Family last year

You *******.

I know Jay to chat with, we met via a chap who used to brew out of Prestwich. He was called Jamie Hancock and taught me to brew.

Turns out when he brewed in Stockport he was just down the road from me. Shame he left really as now Stockport doesn't really have a decent craft brewery of it's own. I'll have to see if he can get me tickets now I know they do an event like that!

Last edited:
Stockport doesn't really have a decent craft brewery of it's own.
Thirst Class do some nice beers. Probably more craft than their branding suggests.

Nice blokes Jamie and Jay. Always wondered what happened with Jay's Quantum kit.

I know he offered it to Jamie, but he didn't have the space and then he buggered off to the States.
Jay's kit went to another Manchester brewery, somewhere like Runway.

I didn't realise Thirst Class were Stockport, I'll have to stop saying that from now on acheers.

You're not wrong. It wasn't that expensive a few years back when I went. Although like I said I genuinely believe it's the best beer festival I've been to, product wise.

Back