Indy Man 2019

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The baths as a venue is stunning.
My standouts last year were Cascade and Other Half from the states, Oh and The Veil was unreal.

I met the Cascade guys at LCBF - lovely dudes and their beers were amazing.

Prices finally anounced 11 tokens for £29.

80% of beers 1 token, 19% 2 tokens and the remaining 1% 3 tokens. All for a third. Get saving.

Last edited:
Still got the ticket
Where did you work Daren

I was on Omnipollo
******* unreal
Pulling soft serves and drinking with Karl the designer

Said to get stuck into the beers and gave me these 2 badboys at £15 each
IMG_20191003_221318.jpg
IMG_20191004_160254.jpg

Last edited:
Been with the stig.

15% barley wines and ended up lost
Had an ace time mate best festival I've been too by a mile. I had a couple of impy stouts after I lost you then staggered my way home. Was nice meeting you and your better half aswell.

Last edited:
I was invited to this fest but declined. There were an awful lot of breweries that I had never heard of. A few of my mates went and said that there were loads of imp stouts that just didn't live up to their billing. They said that there were plenty that did though.

An expensive trip, it would have been. I went to the Mikkeller Beer Celebration Copenhagen event back in 2017 and it was hands down the best beer fest I have ever been to. The beers were world class. Don't think I had a bad beer once. The way they run it seems to make more sense too. You pay for your ticket (£60) and then try as many beers as you like. Some of the beers at IMBC were 3 tokens for 1/3 of a pint. That's £7.80 for 1/3 of a pint! Do they let you try before you buy?

Now I'm not one to complain about the price of beer but that is a hefty price for such a small amount. And no doubt those were the imp stouts at that price (my favourite style). I reckon I would have spent a fortune if I had gone.

Yeah everyone brewery I asked for a sample obliged.
For me there was a lot of smaller unknown breweries there and not enough international ones.
I played it clever and started on the sours and built up to the stouts.
Arclights Blackberry blew myself and everyone else away.
Think Stig was going for it early doors with a 15% Barley wine.

There was some amazing Impy Stouts there, Lervig and Mikkelers were amazing.

Like Mikkellers Fest, Cloudwater do the same with the £60 entrance and its all in which I think is much better value.

Back