Inkbird free Prizes for the Christmas and New Year!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is still showing - Last Activity: 16-01-2017 01:18 PM

I think we can assume this one is not going any further.

TBH I think that since Inkbird branched into the BBQ side of the business and hit a problem with the probes they have been at full stretch to cope with the backlash caused by probe failures.

I'm really happy with my Inkbird STC 1000 and I know that other Forum members are happy with the other variations, but maybe the BBQ Go teething problems will prove to be terminal for the company; despite it having great products overall.

I live in hope that they survive and stay on as a Sponsor. :thumb:

TBH I think that since Inkbird branched into the BBQ side of the business and hit a problem with the probes they have been at full stretch to cope with the backlash caused by probe failures.

Perhaps that's the explanation? I didnt know they were having problems with BBQ probes (in fact I didnt know they were in that area o business or that you can use probes for BBQ's) How did you come by this info, Dutto? Are you a BBQer?

@Leon103 I'm not getting the terrible darts reference :confused:

There is a thread about the probes somewhere iirc there was a problem with moisture getting into the workings.

I also don't get the darts post.

I was going to say it must be a southern thing but MyQul is from dawn sarf. :lol:

I have heard "Good arrow" meaning great fart but not the two darts ones.

Perhaps that's the explanation? I didnt know they were having problems with BBQ probes (in fact I didnt know they were in that area o business or that you can use probes for BBQ's) How did you come by this info, Dutto? Are you a BBQer?

@Leon103 I'm not getting the terrible darts reference :confused:

Yes. I have one of their BBG Go kits. It's magic for smoking due to the two temperature probes. I smoke meat on two different levels in the smoker and the kit transmits both temperatures into the house and even provides a temperature graph to show how each probe is performing.

The problem is that moisture gets into the probe and causes them to malfunction. I think that a collar fitted across the wire/tube connection on the probe gathers moisture, even if the probe isn't submerged in water, and causes the problem.

Inkbird have been incredibly responsive to the problem but it may be causing major problems for them as a company; which would be a real shame because it is a superb idea. :thumb:

I did a modification to one of my probes (squeezed a bit of silicone around and into the collar) that cured the problem and I just hope that it isn't too late for Inkbird to do the same.

Hi all,

What's going on here. Inkbird still sponsor the forum:doh::doh:

For the BBQ probe, we noted the problem and testing other probes from different suppliers. Men are not saints; how can they be free from faults? What we can do is trying to settle the problem ASAP and find a satisfy solution. We did! So, please have confidence in us.

Hi all,

What's going on here. Inkbird still sponsor the forum:doh::doh:

For the BBQ probe, we noted the problem and testing other probes from different suppliers. Men are not saints; how can they be free from faults? What we can do is trying to settle the problem ASAP and find a satisfy solution. We did! So, please have confidence in us.

Glad you have the BBQ probe problem sorted ... :thumb:

... and I'm sure that we all have confidence in the Inkbird products we have. :thumb:

But I think the original query was "What happened to the Inkbird New Year 'freebie'?" :?:

Best regards,

Dutto

All,

Please accept my sincerely apology, I've forget the giveway in the end of 2016. We are busy the end of 2016.

I had contacted the below members to confirm the shipping address and send out the prizes once they get back.

ITC-308 @F00b4r
ITC-308 @Crystal_Ball
ITC-308 @Clint

ITC-106+ 25A SSR+K Sensor @Bigcol49

ITC-106VH+ PT100 sensor @Demig

ITC-1000 @Rogermort
ITC-1000 @sdt7618

Thanks for running the competition!
Decisions whether to get another fridge for fermenting, conditioning or serving?!

Back