Inkbird issues

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Checked in on a beer currently dry hopping in my fermentation fridge. I had dropped the temp down to 15 degrees for the post fermentation dry hop using the Inkbird....thw one with the plug sockets rather than an STC. I found the measured temp was 9 degrees vs the set temp of 15 with both the fridge AND heaters being on simultaneously. The Inkbird only had the heating LED indicators illuminated, but both heating element and fridge was on.

I suspect this is a fault, but thought it might be some clever way of controlling the ramping of temperature changes to make the temp control more controllable and controlling the rate of temperature change and preventing over shooting. A sort of poor mans PID.

Are these units that clever or is it just broken?

Thanks.

Yep the two things fighting each other. I'll order up a new one. Thanks Chopps and I'm thoroughly enjoying watching your exploits on YouTube and looking forward to being able to order up a few tinnies of Murgy Straight!

Latest posts

Back