Inkbird ITC 308 Wifi Connection

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Father Christmas has been kind enough to give me one of the above gizmos

I have downloaded the Inkbird app and follow the instructions

However, I can not get it to connect to my wi-fi

My router has 5 Ghz & 2.4 GHz channels but it won't connect

Has any one else had the same issues - any advice please?

i have a 2.4GHz channel and a 5GHz channel.
i always direct such devices (ispindel, IP cams etc) to 2.4GHz and use the (faster) 5GHz for laptops and fire tv amongst others.
the inkbird app isn't the greatest piece of software but it works.

OK. Found this video on youtube

Pretty much the first thing he talks about is turning on/off WiFi and 5ghz (clearly don’t turn both off or otherwise you will lose all your wireless connectivity)

You don’t really need to watch past 1:30

Just exit whilst saving your settings.

Last edited:
OK. Found this video on youtube

Pretty much the first thing he talks about is turning on/off WiFi and 5ghz (clearly don’t turn both off or otherwise you will lose all your wireless connectivity)

You don’t really need to watch past 1:30

Just exit whilst saving your settings.

Thank you very much

Really useful video

I turned off the 5ghz channels but it still won't connect

Perhaps I need to contact Inkbird technical support :confused.:

Really grateful for the advice athumb..

How far through the instructions did you successfully get?

In section 5, did you download the app, pair with phone, create an account in the app etc?

http://pmod79883.pic31.websiteonline.cn/upload/ITC-308-WifiUserManual.pdf

Hi

Yes - downloaded the app, created an account - using the app mode I attach phone to the device's wi-fi

Return to app and the it has not saved the Inkbird's wi-fi settings

Only option is to re-connect back to I's wi-fi connection and on returning to app - once again settings not saved

I do not get an "automatic connection interface"

Thanks

there was something in the inkbird app that wasn't at all obvious when i set mine up.
i'm afraid i can't remember what it was but i had a eureka moment when i found it. click into things that don't look like they'll do what you want.
realise this is probably useless however.

On the app:
Select Add device
Top of screen, select Add Manually
Select ITC-308wifi from the list of device options
Scroll down; input / confirm your wifi SSID (name) and password
Select Next
At the top right of the screen ensure that EZ Mode is ticked

On the Controller:
At this point you need to ensure the wifi LED on the controller is flashing rapidly. See below for instructions how to do this:

To make it flash first of all, press and hold the wifi / up arrow button for +2 seconds.

At this point you can toggle it between flashing fast and flashing slow.

If it's flashing slow, short press the wifi button and release. APP will be displayed on the LED, but the flashing will not change until after the count of 5. Wait for the 5 seconds and it will start flashing fast. (This is (Auto / EZ mode.)

If it's flashing fast, you're good t go. You can toggle to the opposite by repeating the above: short press the wifi button and release. APP will be displayed on the LED, but the flashing will not change until after the count of 5. Wait for the 5 seconds and it will start flashing slow (This is AP mode.)

Do whatever is necessary above to have it flashing fast (Auto / EZ Mode)

Back on the App:
Select the circle next to "Confirm indicator rapidly blink" (sic) so that it has a tick in it
Select Next (and make sure wifi LED is still flashing fast on the controller)

Adding Device is displayed

Then with any luck:
Added Successfully will appear
Select Done

You can now connect to the controller from your phone and set all the good stuff without fannying about with the buttons on the controller itself.

Separately, one thing I noticed when I was configuring it; when you go into settings and you change something, you have to select <-Back in the top left hand corner to save the settings. Don't click the back arrow on the bottom of the screen. I have an Android mobile phone so I'm not sure what is displayed on iOS.

And for any other geeks out there - I've been having a play:

I have a load of smart devices running via Google Assistant. I already have two smart device apps: eWeLink for some Sonoff devices and SmartLife for some Teckin and Slitinto smart sockets.

When I originally set up the InkBird app I noticed that the app was in fact a modified SmartLife app. I had wondered if I actually needed the InkBird app as well as SmartLife.

Well it turns out that I don't.

I've just worked out that I can control the InkBird using the SmartLife app and add the InkBird as an Air Conditioner Mate and then it shows up in SmartLife as an InkBird:

Screenshot_20201227-144745_Smart Life.jpg

Once I sync the SmartLife with Google , it turns up in Google Assistant:

Screenshot_20201227-143555_Home.jpg
Screenshot_20201227-143530_Home.jpg

So I can now ask the nice Google lady to change the temperature on my Fermenter. How clever.

Last edited:
On the app:
Select Add device
Top of screen, select Add Manually
Select ITC-308wifi from the list of device options
Scroll down; input / confirm your wifi SSID (name) and password
Select Next
At the top right of the screen ensure that EZ Mode is ticked

On the Controller:
At this point you need to ensure the wifi LED on the controller is flashing rapidly. See below for instructions how to do this:

To make it flash first of all, press and hold the wifi / up arrow button for +2 seconds.

At this point you can toggle it between flashing fast and flashing slow.

If it's flashing slow, short press the wifi button and release. APP will be displayed on the LED, but the flashing will not change until after the count of 5. Wait for the 5 seconds and it will start flashing fast. (This is (Auto / EZ mode.)

If it's flashing fast, you're good t go. You can toggle to the opposite by repeating the above: short press the wifi button and release. APP will be displayed on the LED, but the flashing will not change until after the count of 5. Wait for the 5 seconds and it will start flashing slow (This is AP mode.)

Do whatever is necessary above to have it flashing fast (Auto / EZ Mode)

Back on the App:
Select the circle next to "Confirm indicator rapidly blink" (sic) so that it has a tick in it
Select Next (and make sure wifi LED is still flashing fast on the controller)

Adding Device is displayed

Then with any luck:
Added Successfully will appear
Select Done

You can now connect to the controller from your phone and set all the good stuff without fannying about with the buttons on the controller itself.

Separately, one thing I noticed when I was configuring it; when you go into settings and you change something, you have to select <-Back in the top left hand corner to save the settings. Don't click the back arrow on the bottom of the screen. I have an Android mobile phone so I'm not sure what is displayed on iOS.
Thank you

That is exactly what I have been doing - tried both the modes but all say no connection made

I will read your subsequent post to see if I have any success with that

Notice you are conditioning a Belgian Tripel - I am planning to brew one soon

Many thanks

Back