Inkbird ITC-308

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
It’s no good - I’m going to have to get an inkbird for the brew fridge , the heater was was good during the winter but now need to bring the temp down too !

Lots of inkbirds out there but this is cheap on Amazon.

Will it do the job ? Want to order today for next weeks brew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd put them in the 'does what it says on the tin' category.

I don't use the inkbird, they weren't around when I built my brew fridge, I use the STC1000 but I'd say definitely it's worthwhile investing in one, temp control is essential.

The STC and Inkbird come at different price points both pretty cheap but if you're handy with a bit of wiring then the STC will save you a few quid. But the Inkbird will work straight out of the box.

It’s no good - I’m going to have to get an inkbird for the brew fridge , the heater was was good during the winter but now need to bring the temp down too !

Lots of inkbirds out there but this is cheap on Amazon.

Will it do the job ? Want to order today for next weeks brew.

It's exactly what you need, I have one controlling one of my brew fridges and it does the job perfectly. The other runs an STC-1000 but it only because I didn't know about the existence of the ITC-308 back when I put it together or maybe they weren't importing then.

Brilliant bit of kit. I've got a pale ale held at a constant 17c in the brewfridge at the moment, and previously had a couple of Belgian ales in there that I was able to start at 18c and move up a single degree at a time over the next week. The ability to control the temperature that precisely is having a fantastic effect on my finished beers.

Brilliant bit of kit. I've got a pale ale held at a constant 17c in the brewfridge at the moment, and previously had a couple of Belgian ales in there that I was able to start at 18c and move up a single degree at a time over the next week. The ability to control the temperature that precisely is having a fantastic effect on my finished beers.

Wishing I’d have ordered one weeks back now. Good to know.

They're fabulous, I have one running my brew days and fridge. So good that I'm looking to get a second so I don't have to swap it about so much. I don't think that a 1000 even works out cheaper any more once you've bought the bits, but I might have a go with one of those just because it will make a neater job tucked away in the cupboard I have in mind for it.

Nice bit of kit - came today. Simple and easy to set up.

Question: where do you put the probe ? Submerge in FV liquid or within the fridge ?

Yeah! I've just ramped my lager up 2 degrees at a time from 14 to 20 to finish it off. Then it's being cold crashed. All this ramping up and cold crashing doesn't half sound like I know what I'm doing! !

Latest posts

Back