Inline filter?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braindead

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just kegged my macaroon stout. I add fresh coconut shavings to the Blichmann Hop rocket in the middle of the transfer from pressure barrel where its been ageing into keg.
But the filter on the rocket isn't very fine and quite a nit of cacao and coconut passed into the keg.
So do you think once its carbed I could pass if from 1 corny to another via the hop rockets with a finer mesh or hop socking it to get rid of all the bitty bits.
Just never transferred from 1 keg to another once carbonated
Had a bit of an idea do you guys think it will work.

IMG_20190518_201009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah was looking at different types of filters then I thought I could save a few quid using my rocket.

Just kegged my macaroon stout. I add fresh coconut shavings to the Blichmann Hop rocket in the middle of the transfer from pressure barrel where its been ageing into keg.
But the filter on the rocket isn't very fine and quite a nit of cacao and coconut passed into the keg.
So do you think once its carbed I could pass if from 1 corny to another via the hop rockets with a finer mesh or hop socking it to get rid of all the bitty bits.
Just never transferred from 1 keg to another once carbonated
Had a bit of an idea do you guys think it will work.

View attachment 19021
Hi Braindead
I've been toying with buying a Hop Rocket, would you recommend it?

Latest posts

Back