Inline water filter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj65

Reaction score
Hi does anyone use an inline water filter?
wanted to know anyones experince with them.
How do they change the water profile, what do they take out/add in.
Do tou still need to treat water.
Any noticable difference in taste of end product.
Thanks in advance

Ps apologies if its been spoken about before

Yes, I use one with a cartridge under the sink.

I can't say what difference it makes as I started brewing after it was fitted. But the drinking water is great with no hint of chlorine so I guess it's great for brewing too.

I looked into water treatment but it came across as a black art, was never good at chemistry at school. I do measure the pH of my mash and usually it's around 5.4 so no need to do anything.

I sent off my tap water and filtered tap water for a professional brewing liquor report and please take a read as you’ll find there’s a lot taken out in filtered water.
IMG_2353.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are different types of filter Carbon filters remove mainly chloride and particulates but you can get RO filters that remove everything and several other types including UV, IR and ionisers all have different functions and depending on what your starting with they would be unlikely to replace water treatment.

I sent off my tap water and filtered tap water for a professional brewing liquor report and please take a read as you’ll find there’s a lot taken out in filtered water.
View attachment 13457

There you go i stand corrected. That has removed a lot. Is that a carbon based unit?

There you go i stand corrected. That has removed a lot. Is that a carbon based unit?

It is a carbon based filtration until with two cartridges, needless to say I’m using my tap water for brewing.

Well its better to have reverse osmosis system instead of Brita on tap.
And for reading more i have gone through your link but have not find any suitable info

Back