Introduction

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well good afternoon everyone, just a quick one to say hi and introduce myself.

I’m new to home brewing, although i’m now a veteran of 5 brews :). 1st was a Young’s IPA which turned out very well, good flkavour and body so was well happy. Then i tried a Muntons West Coast IPA which was really good and got great reviews from everyone that tried it, so much so that i now have my 2nd WC IPA conditioning in the keg, i’ve also got a Lager on the go (Definitive Lager) also sat in the keg conditioning. I’ve also just started a batch on Woodfords Werry Real Ale, literally brewed yesterday but is bubbling away like a good’n.

Equipment wise, i have a wide neck fermentation barrel, a standard fermentation bucket style barrel and 2 corny kegs hooked up to a C02 bottle and taps. Nothing fancy buit does what i need for now.

I’m looking for recommendations for a nice lager style brew so feel free to advise.

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will get some good kit recommendations from other members as i do not do Lager kits

Mangrove Jacks Craft Series Helles Lager is really nice. I've done it twice and it's been really good both times 🍺

Not a Lager, but I am very happy with this. I made up a Coopers Canadian Blonde using 1Kg of Light Dry Malt Extract and 400g of brewing sugar. 3 days before Bottling I added a hop tea made up with Mosaic and Citra Hops. It is just ready now and I am enjoying my first one. It has turned out great. I'm surprised at how good it is, the Mosaic and Citra hop flavour is there, but very light and mellow in the background. ABV is approx. 5.5%

Attachments

• IMG_20220401_194747.jpg
    IMG_20220401_194747.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 11
Not a Lager, but I am very happy with this. I made up a Coopers Canadian Blonde using 1Kg of Light Dry Malt Extract and 400g of brewing sugar. 3 days before Bottling I added a hop tea made up with Mosaic and Citra Hops. It is just ready now and I am enjoying my first one. It has turned out great. I'm surprised at how good it is, the Mosaic and Citra hop flavour is there, but very light and mellow in the background. ABV is approx. 5.5%
To be honest this is the one i was sort of leaning towards, iut gets good reviews on other websites and is readily available where i live so will definitely be adding to my shopping list. I will also follow your advice regarding the hops and i always use a spray malt instead of brewing sugar anyway.

Well good afternoon everyone, just a quick one to say hi and introduce myself.

I’m new to home brewing, although i’m now a veteran of 5 brews :). 1st was a Young’s IPA which turned out very well, good flkavour and body so was well happy. Then i tried a Muntons West Coast IPA which was really good and got great reviews from everyone that tried it, so much so that i now have my 2nd WC IPA conditioning in the keg, i’ve also got a Lager on the go (Definitive Lager) also sat in the keg conditioning. I’ve also just started a batch on Woodfords Werry Real Ale, literally brewed yesterday but is bubbling away like a good’n.

Equipment wise, i have a wide neck fermentation barrel, a standard fermentation bucket style barrel and 2 corny kegs hooked up to a C02 bottle and taps. Nothing fancy buit does what i need for now.

I’m looking for recommendations for a nice lager style brew so feel free to advise.

Have a look at the Partridge Brothers reviews on YouTube. They brew loads of kits and then review them and I'm sure you'll find a lager kit on there somewhere. You could also scroll through the 'Reviews' section on this forum.

Latest posts

Back