Inventory Management

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a lot of stock but was that your lockdown levels or normal?
I wanted to have a couple of years' supply in to tide me over the uncertainty of a no deal Brexit, and until things normalise. I'm not so worried now that I know I can order in euros from both GEB and HBC, but storage in 60 litre maceration tubs (the blue ones with a black lid and a steel band to hold the lid on) is so good and airtight that there's no deterioration even over a couple of years, even with crushed malt so I just keep a good stock in.
As for lockdown levels, there's no difference, I'm retired apart from running our gîtes with The Wise One, we live in the middle of the countryside, surrounded by farms and, apart from having to wear a mask when we go shopping or into town, we wouldn't even know there had been a lockdown.

I'm an accountant by trade so there's a spreadsheet!

Purchases at the top, brewed beers in the middle and closing stock at the bottom. Under that there's the list of beers I want to brew and another total that gives the stock levels after those too, it's also got conditional formatting to highlight any potential negative stock and thus the need to buy more stuff.

I find it works really well but then, I am a spreadsheet geek.

Back