Inventory Management

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewfather inventory, with occasional stock takes to do a sanity check.
This is totally my approach. Have you got your head around the cost of stuff yet? I spent a while quite a while ago trying to put prices against each item but got myself in knots

I use Beersmith to keep track of my inventory, but the rub is that you have to make sure you hit the "remove inventory" button each time you brew. I keep hops, frozen yeast, and grain on hand. I don't bother tracking irish moss, brewing salts, gelatin, since I don't need to know those when I'm building a recipe.
The caution I noted was due to using my last vial of a strain of frozen yeast and then needing to buy a new pack to re-supply my bank. :(

Seem to be a few shouts for Beersmith- I use Brewers Friend for inventory and recipes. Find the inventory input s but cumbersome- can anyone who has used both comment on what if anything they found was better on Beersmith?

I haven't used Brewer's Friend, so I can't speak to it, but in Beersmith it's as easy as pulling up your category list (fermentables, yeast, hops), selecting the specific item, and changing the amount in inventory. You can also tick the "show items in inventory" box and see only what you have.

Where is the 'inventory' on beersmith? I have beersmith 3?
When you pull the category up, select the specific item, and you'll see, in the properties, a box that says inventory. Just type in the amount there.
1600788436998.png

Back