iphone XR.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of their over priced phones so wonder if Apple fans will blindly buy this phone when they know they are giving them a screen resolution that matches phones from 2010 (not 1080p) so they can push customers towards the premium Xs models.

iPhone XR
From £749. ashock1

Last edited:
I always buy Apple phones, as much as anything because they are easy to use and intuitive and I’m lazy and stupid. I don’t normally buy a new one until my current one doesn’t get the latest iOS upgrades. Apart from the batteries they do last well and who needs to always have the latest one?

who needs to always have the latest one?

The Sheeple, they will be queuing outside the shops eagerly waiting for the clock to strike midnight so they can get their sweaty hands on the latest phone having paid £749 for the pleasure knowing they have been screwed but not caring because they have the latest iphone.

I like it when equally blinkered asks someone if their phone is "the newest,XYZ model" and the user replies with the smug reverence that it actually is...like they've just invented the ion engine AND discovered Atlantis. The fact being they've just got a £700 quid phone and got no food in the cupboards...

I always buy Apple phones, as much as anything because they are easy to use and intuitive and I’m lazy and stupid. I don’t normally buy a new one until my current one doesn’t get the latest iOS upgrades. Apart from the batteries they do last well and who needs to always have the latest one?

Only to a habitual iPhone user bud! I tried an iPhone once (oldest daughter's) and it was the total opposite of easy to use and intuitive.... Where to me, Android is as easy to use and intuitive as a Windows or Linux PC is... In other words, it doesn't hide everything from you, and try to do it all for you via some weird assed software, but actually lets you drag and drop etc. On the other hand, I knew a bloke who tried switching from iPhone to Android who couldn't cope at all with Android, he went straight back to iPhone.....

All I am going to say is, my Honor 5C cost me £154 sim free, and does more than most iPhones.... :cool: Made in China, just like an iPhone, too! :laugh8: It's not part of my phone contract either (which is long past the minimum term anyway), so I just go for sim only plans, which are a fair bit cheaper.

Personally I am an android S9 user

I have an iphone for work though.. I think the whole its easy intuitive arguments are just because you have used that device, they are no more than any other device.

Dont get me wrong in their own right I think they are fine good solid build and system ect.. but personally I find them.. dull and boring

But each to their own if people prefer using them sure I get that.. Why you'd spend £80+ on a contract for what is only comparable to other leading devices on te market at a considerable is well and truley beyond me.

As someone who love his fitness ect I have a fitbit, I like the iwatch concept a bit pricey but I see you have buy custom watch straps for them.. £149 some of them¬!!! morons will pay that though.

It's probably just a ploy,fixable with a software update. They get another wave of advertising on top of the launch ...their customers don't really mind that it doesnt work as long as they get one because when or if it works it will be great!

Apparently they already have a fix for it, in the "12.1 beta"... So yeah, they knew about it, and were working on a software patch for it, but rushed the phones out anyway just to meet the release date.

That's tech firms for you.

And here's me techno thick ...yes Apple I can come and work for you...my terms.. 100 k a year,no shifts,no weekends,no Fridays,no Mondays...for starters.

And here's me techno thick ...yes Apple I can come and work for you...my terms.. 100 k a year,no shifts,no weekends,no Fridays,no Mondays...for starters.

And free beer in the staff room ? At least, that’s what they gave me anyway as extra reward for being a doofus :-)

I actually know a chap who's the IT manager at a major UK courier company. I once had to explain to him that his company email server had black listed my email server IP address as a spam source, to which he replied "what's an IP address?".... He then went on to explain that his job was to manage people who knew stuff about IT, not to actually know anything about IT himself...

One day, I might actually figure out how you are supposed to do that, without actually understanding what the people you are managing actually do..... aheadbutt

I know a few of those people....what they really are good at is....
Talking ********,
Head nodding,
Leg humping,
Finger pointing,

Back