Ireks Aroma Bavarian Malt: anyone tried it?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used Ireks before and their malts are great. I've not used this specific one though. I'd be interested to hear how it comes out.

How!
The notes suggest that it gives the beers a rugged taste profile, mainly only achieved by use of the decoction method.
Does that mean that a single infusion mash won't achieve the full flavour potential of this malt?

How!
The notes suggest that it gives the beers a rugged taste profile, mainly only achieved by use of the decoction method.
Does that mean that a single infusion mash won't achieve the full flavour potential of this malt?
I think what it means is that you can achieve the flavour effect of a decoction mash by using this malt in a single infusion mash (although I haven't actually tried it).

I think what it means is that you can achieve the flavour effect of a decoction mash by using this malt in a single infusion mash.

Ye... just sounds like another take on aromatic / melanoidin malt... which I have found to be very effective in doing what they're supposed to do, all without that tedious decoction malarkey.

I'm very tempted to try this one at about 4% of the grist in my next bitter. How much sweetness do you get out of these Aromatic malts vs. a traditional crystal of similar same colour?

Latest posts

Back