Ireland 0 - 1 Luxembourg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
I was in Dublin in the hotel when England played Germany in the semifinal in 1990, all the Irish supported Germany. So for ever since I want them to loose.

Last edited:
Before this thread turns into a Political Ireland/England issue can I just say I am Yorkshire/English and have found the Irish People when I have been there as nice as any I have found in my travels around the world and as regards football I always look for the Irish results ever since one of my hero's "Big Jack" was in charge of the national team. athumb..

Oh yeah I’m Irish but lived in London for a number of years, and some of my best friends are English, but when it comes to sport I enjoy seeing you guys getting beaten 🙂

I have no interest in internationals and couldn't care less who wins, friendlies screw up the PL fixtures and put our best players at risk of injury we will never win the world cup i would rather our players didn't play.

/Puts on flame proof pyjamas and awaits the backlash. :laugh8:

Not from me. All the epl managers complaining or at leat commenting about too many fixtures, tired players.

Covid! Let's send all the players from different leagues to mix together. Two Polish players already have covid. One from Leeds Utd. Scandalous. Should have postponed the lot imho.

I was in Dublin in the hotel when England played Germany in the semifinal in 1990, all the Irish supported Germany. So for ever since I want them to loose.

You shouldn’t have taken it personally. Easy said that because I did for a few years. As an Englishman and England fan living in Belfast for twenty years I’ve realised it’s not the English per se that riles them but the whole hyperbole media frenzy around the English team. I do want games at home now though.

Also it wasn’t it in the 90s when English hooligans ripped out seats and rioted ithat meant an abandoned match in Dublin?

As long as the French and Germans lose i don't care, they are acting like proper babys at the moment and, i hope Ursula Von Der Lyons fanny gets infected with the flea's of a thousand camels athumb.. clapa :beer1:

As long as the French and Germans lose i don't care, they are acting like proper babys at the moment and, i hope Ursula Von Der Lyons fanny gets infected with the flea's of a thousand camels athumb.. clapa :beer1:

What if they play each other?

I have no interest in internationals and couldn't care less who wins, friendlies screw up the PL fixtures and put our best players at risk of injury we will never win the world cup i would rather our players didn't play.

But doesn’t it give us league one supporters a bit of glammer?

Latest posts

Back