Irish Frog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fanch

Reaction score
Expat in ireland (that explain the thread title), I have been brewing beer for a couple of years. Mainly belgium white, bottled a triple a couple of weeks ago.
Small batches of 20/25 litre, usually I buy grain kit, I am not adventurous enough to travel the unscripted path yet.
Usually very drinkable, one issue with high temp fermenting once (won't happend again, got a freezer, with temp control), and once some extremely slow fermentation.
All in all I keep myself a constant supply of nice beer.

This website is always a great source of information. Maybe one day I'll be able to give back.

Expat in ireland (that explain the thread title), I have been brewing beer for a couple of years. Mainly belgium white, bottled a triple a couple of weeks ago.
Small batches of 20/25 litre, usually I buy grain kit, I am not adventurous enough to travel the unscripted path yet.
Usually very drinkable, one issue with high temp fermenting once (won't happend again, got a freezer, with temp control), and once some extremely slow fermentation.
All in all I keep myself a constant supply of nice beer.

This website is always a great source of information. Maybe one day I'll be able to give back.
Does Irish Frog mean you're French? If so, which part? And again, if so, try to get across to the UK for a beer festival or two. It'll change your mind about beer.
I'd love to see your Trippel recipe. Swap you yours for mine, mine's based on a commercial beer called Bière du Corbeau, which I call Bière du Renard. Mine's better!
Welcome to the forum

Does Irish Frog mean you're French? If so, which part? And again, if so, try to get across to the UK for a beer festival or two. It'll change your mind about beer.
I'd love to see your Trippel recipe. Swap you yours for mine, mine's based on a commercial beer called Bière du Corbeau, which I call Bière du Renard. Mine's better!
Welcome to the forum
Britanny, is where I am from, but I Have been in Ireland for a long time. I get my grain from a Northern Ireland crowd (not sure if I can post commercial link so I won't)
Triple grain bill is very simple
4.5 kg larger malt (Europils)
120g dark crystal

65g testing @60
20g styria golding @10

Coriander seed % candi cane sugar @10

Britanny, is where I am from, but I Have been in Ireland for a long time. I get my grain from a Northern Ireland crowd (not sure if I can post commercial link so I won't)
120g dark crystal

65g testing @60
20g styria golding @10

I've emigrated to le Morbihan, right in the armpit next to 35 and 44. I also get some of my malt from geterbrewed, they're a great crowd. thehomebrewcompany in the Republic also do some great things especially a good range of leaf hops.
That recipe looks amazing. Never thought of copying a Belgian Tripple by using English crystal malt. Crisp's dark crystal, by the way, is extremely dark at 380 - 435. Minch malt call it Black crystal.
I'll put my recipe up when I get to my brewing records. It's not dissimilar but I use bitter orange peel as well as coriander.
What's 65g testing @ 60?

I've emigrated to le Morbihan, right in the armpit next to 35 and 44. I also get some of my malt from geterbrewed, they're a great crowd. thehomebrewcompany in the Republic also do some great things especially a good range of leaf hops.
That recipe looks amazing. Never thought of copying a Belgian Tripple by using English crystal malt. Crisp's dark crystal, by the way, is extremely dark at 380 - 435. Minch malt call it Black crystal.
I'll put my recipe up when I get to my brewing records. It's not dissimilar but I use bitter orange peel as well as coriander.
What's 65g testing @ 60?
65g tettang ( hop that auto correct does not like)

What's 65g testing @ 60?
We had a camping holiday in Morbihan back in 1987.

We had camping holidays in France from 1980 to 1991. Our twins were 2 1/2 when we first went. Our best site was near Le Sables d’Olonne

120g dark crystal

65g testing @60
20g styria golding @10

It's ok as @Get_Er_Brewed are a forum sponsor.Welcome aboard by the way.

Latest posts

Back