Is a brewzilla, bucket & pressure barrel enough for all grain brews?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liams1989

Reaction score
Morning all. After a few posts and a good amount of reading. I think I’m ready to take the plunge and buy a brewzilla package.
I’ve done extract brews before, so have buckets and pressure barrels already. Will this be all I need to now do some all grain brews? I’m hoping to also get a fridge freezer soon once I’ve cleared space for it.

You should be Ok, youngster ma need something to cool the wort for instance a counterflow chiller like the one with a GrainFather.

Aamcle

You should be Ok, youngster ma need something to cool the wort for instance a counterflow chiller like the one with a GrainFather.

Aamcle
The brewzilla comes with a coil chiller in the pack. I believe that it has everything needed for the all grain part 🙂

Should be, but the Brewzilla doesn’t come with connections for the chiller, you need to buy these separately, and you’ll need a big spoon or similar to stir the mash.

You don't even need that to be honest. I haven't used my immersion chiller coil. I either let it cool overnight, or as I mostly run small batches, I use a couple of sinks full of water and let it cool naturally before I pitch the next day. YMMV, as our U.S. cousins would say.

You will hear of many other options and opinions.

But to answer the original question, Brewzilla All-In-One and all the other kit sounds like you will be all set. (and you dont even need that, I started with a large stock pot and a BIAB bag)

Like Moe said you need the connectors for the chiller but if you go to someone like angelhomebrew they can supply them and they will give you a free SS mash paddle.
be warned it all multiplies, i started off with a brewzilla at the beginning of the year, now i have two fridges and a keg as well, and now looking for more kegs,

Sounds good. I don't think you'll regret it. I recently got the Brewzilla bundle from BKT - it includes the mash paddle and hose connections for the chiller.
Only managed my first brew on itlast week, but for a couple of reasons (no spargewater heater, which isn't required anyway, and that I only want to fill 1 19L corny) I did no-sparge/BIAB-style.

https://brewkegtap.co.uk/collections/robobrew/products/brewzilla-35l-gen3-1-1-bundle

Told my wife a few years back that all I would need to brew good beer would be a Brewzilla 35L and a fermentation bucket. So I got the green light.

A few years later and I think that she's a bit mad with me.

Could be the 5 corny kegs, 6 mini-kegs, 5 beer crates with 100 bottles, 1000 bottle tops, a bottler capper, 2 CO2 cylinders, 1 sodastream cylinder, 2 fermentation fridges, 2 Fermzilla All Rounders, 3 fermentation buckets, a keezer, a counter flow chiller, a copper chiller, a hop rocket, a hop spider, 2 mash paddles, a grainfather sparge water heater, 2 60L grain buckets, jars containing water chemistry additions, 2 weighing scales, 2 PH meters, 2 Erlenmeyer flasks, a plate stirrer, 2 thermometers, a fridge full of harvested yeast, a bucket blaster keg cleaner, 2 racks for all my tubing, spare connectors, cleaning products, starsan and replacement parts.

I'm just waiting for the Brewzilla 65L Generation 4 to come out next year to see how far I can push the relationship.....In fact, I can hear myself now.....I need a HLT and that's perfect for my old Brewzilla 35L, so I need a new all-in-one....

Told my wife a few years back that all I would need to brew good beer would be a Brewzilla 35L and a fermentation bucket. So I got the green light.

A few years later and I think that she's a bit mad with me.

Could be the 5 corny kegs, 6 mini-kegs, 5 beer crates with 100 bottles, 1000 bottle tops, a bottler capper, 2 CO2 cylinders, 1 sodastream cylinder, 2 fermentation fridges, 2 Fermzilla All Rounders, 3 fermentation buckets, a keezer, a counter flow chiller, a copper chiller, a hop rocket, a hop spider, 2 mash paddles, a grainfather sparge water heater, 2 60L grain buckets, jars containing water chemistry additions, 2 weighing scales, 2 PH meters, 2 Erlenmeyer flasks, a plate stirrer, 2 thermometers, a fridge full of harvested yeast, a bucket blaster keg cleaner, 2 racks for all my tubing, spare connectors, cleaning products, starsan and replacement parts.

I'm just waiting for the Brewzilla 65L Generation 4 to come out next year to see how far I can push the relationship.....In fact, I can hear myself now.....I need a HLT and that's perfect for my old Brewzilla 35L, so I need a new all-in-one....
I think you should beging a youtube channel called brews, beards and gear lawl

Morning all. After a few posts and a good amount of reading. I think I’m ready to take the plunge and buy a brewzilla package.
I’ve done extract brews before, so have buckets and pressure barrels already. Will this be all I need to now do some all grain brews? I’m hoping to also get a fridge freezer soon once I’ve cleared space for it.
Start fishing and brewing, you don't reckon that isn't going to cost you. Pretty similar really, constantly upgrading.
Reality is an esky and a boiler is all you really need to brew beer, good beer at that. All the SVB'S do is make it easier, but you still need the knowledge to go with it.

I’ve been using my plastic paddle for 5 and a half years of all grain brewing and it’s still going strong!
I used mine that was part of a kit for 12 months . . . . And then I got a SS one with my Brewzilla kit. OMG. Totally different experience . . . . Plastic works, but IMHO, SS works better. But to each their own. ;) athumb..

I’ve been using my plastic paddle for 5 and a half years of all grain brewing and it’s still going strong!
Nice, mine flops about when I mash in, got a 2 foot wooden one off ebay for £3 and made things far easier. Pleased yours works well ;)

I wanted to brew NEIPAs. That led to a fermzilla, 2 cornies, CO2 and a keezer with all the trimmings. My wife wasn't pleased, however when somebody comes around, she always shows if off and asks if they want a beer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210722_223148.jpg
    IMG_20210722_223148.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 32
Back