Is it recoverable?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVVO

Reaction score
My granddaughter (7) bought me a beer kit at a car boot. It is out of date by about 3 years but it only cost her 5p. Will it be usable with fresh yeast or do I just get another kit to brew so as not to hurt her feelings.:whistle:

is the can bloated (are the top and bottom popped out) if not give it go with fresh yeast just give it a sniff when open it, if it smells alright, crack on, at 5p you've got nothing to lose and 40 pints to gain.
what is the kit by the way?

It's a Milestone IPA 3kg kit and both cans look like new. I will replace the yeast and give it a go. Like you say nothing to loose.

So, £2 worth of hops and the 5p of course, you could end up with 40 pints of something that's better than you can buy in the pub. I think I'd have a crack at it out of principle.

My granddaughter (7) bought me a beer kit at a car boot. It is out of date by about 3 years but it only cost her 5p. Will it be usable with fresh yeast or do I just get another kit to brew so as not to hurt her feelings.:whistle:

that is so sweet.

definitely needs a new yeast tho.

give it a go.

Back