Is it safe to drink unclear beer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real culprit for beer shits
Hi!
A friend of mine was convinced that drinking cloudy beer gives you the Aztec two-step; his evidence was an attack of Delhi belly following a session in which he drank 10 pints, the last of which was a little cloudy.
I don't suppose the first 9 pints had anything to do it :D

Attachments

• Thread Resurection.jpg
    Thread Resurection.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 72
Someone wrote to Viz magazine a few years reporting he had been contacted by a large no-win, no-fee legal firm for personal accident claimants.

On informing the polite young lady who had phoned that he had recently consumed 8 pints of real ale, sneezed and shat himself, he was very surprised to hear they weren't interested in pursuing his case for that particular type of personal accident!!

Last edited:
I don't think so. There is strong evidence that brewer's yeast is effective treatment for Diarrhoea. Marmite lovers appear to eat large quantities of yeast without any ill effects (weirdos).

The real culprit for beer shits is likely to be high magnesium intake, magnesium from malt and water. Also, irritation to the intestines from alcohol, and as mentioned, finings from the bottom of the barrel.

Everyone’s seen that episode of the young ones where rick dies from a laxative over dose.

Isn’t yeast a laxative.....

RIP @ramsbury-stone

upload_2019-1-3_21-22-19.gif

Hi!
A friend of mine was convinced that drinking cloudy beer gives you the Aztec two-step; his evidence was an attack of Delhi belly following a session in which he drank 10 pints, the last of which was a little cloudy.
I don't suppose the first 9 pints had anything to do it :D

It's never the first pint, always the 17th

Okay so this is a very old thread, but I am ¾ of the way through my last pint in the keg of Wherry. It looks like cold tea. No head. But great flavour and mouth feel.

I pretend that I am being a London hipster drinking my fashionable unfixed cloudy craft ale.

I was at a stag do this weekend, and my homebrew was blamed for one particular smelly pan blasting.

Of course it was my beer and absolutely nothing to do with the 38% meat content “sausages” or 40% meat “American style patties” (I don’t think they were legally allowed to be called burgers) that we were fed.

Back