Is the Biden win good or bad news for the U.K

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wish people would either read the bloody GFA or at least fall back on the many fact check articles on the subject rather than just regurgitate the nonsense written about it in the Guardian because lovely Leo spouted some garbage.

Spoiler alert - None of the customs arrangements that would result in the various scenarios break it.

Discussion here? "Joe has Irish ancestry and will put Ireland’s interests before ours."?
Looks like we are all doomed then. asad1
Are you suggesting that any of my posts are off topic here?

The thread was along the lines of whether his election is good or bad for us. The context being mainly Brexit.

The point I made was that good or bad, it's all entirely on us.

What is it that you are having trouble with?

Its far to early to tell but trump was pro a trade deal and biden wasn't so at least in theory its bad.

Problem for us in the UK is that de Pfeffel is just a poundshop Trump. Wins big with empty, populist nonsense, fills all positions with yes people with no discernible talent, lies, lies again, lies to the head of state, lies again, tries to bluff and blunder his way through anything and everything while throwing billions at his cronies. An absolute charlatan of a man. And yet just like the US, there is a sizeable percentage of people who still support this utter, utter turd. And worst of all, we are stuck with this toad for years to come.

Now, in the context of Biden winning the presidency, it means we will be further exposed by what de Pfeffel is. The US Presidency now won't be tossing the salad of right wing populism in the UK, instead they will do what is the best thing for the american people and take advantage by aggressively pushing a pro US agenda at the expense of everyone in the UK. And they will win, we will lose, de Pfeffel and every cancerous little ***** like him will blame remoaners and the forrins for their own sordid mess.

So in summary, it's better for everyone that Biden won because Trump was and remains an utter ****, but sort of irrelevant from our point of view as we are still suffering from an appalling inept government and Congress wouldn't have approved any sort of pro british deal anyway.

but sort of irrelevant from our point of view as we are still suffering from an appalling inept government and Congress wouldn't have approved any sort of pro british deal anyway.
It's the house of representatives, not Congress ( I made the same error earlier, so I'm not having a go) but you are right in the Democrats are mostly very anti UK so would have blocked any trade deal anyway. Oh, and it's nothing to do with Boris, et al, the Democrats have been anti UK since before WWII irrespective of who has been in power here ; it's nothing new. I guess we just aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Yeah we tend to call the lower house congress. mea culpa

The UK has acted appallingly throughout history with regards to Ireland so it's no surprise that the US with such a hugely important Irish population would bat for them. You'd think our governments through the years would try and man up to actually at least acknowledge our past transgressions, but not so. I wonder when that, if ever will happen. See also any other country we colonised. But it's seen as a weak thing to do, which is funny given how effete and lacking in backbone most of our politicians actually are

I do wish people would either read the bloody GFA or at least fall back on the many fact check articles on the subject rather than just regurgitate the nonsense written about it in the Guardian because lovely Leo spouted some garbage.

Spoiler alert - None of the customs arrangements that would result in the various scenarios break it.
You try telling that to people who actually live in N. Ireland. Peace here is fragile at best. The outcome of Brexit is going to have massive implications.
I would love to hear your solution..

Last edited:
Good news for the UK as Trump and Johnson were arm in arm pondering how best to sell UK assets off. The fact Biden says Johnson is a Trump clone says it all.
PS wonder how long Johnson has left as it looks like his back benches are gunning for him isn't this how they ousted Thatcher?

Problem for us in the UK is that de Pfeffel is just a poundshop Trump. Wins big with empty, populist nonsense, fills all positions with yes people with no discernible talent, lies, lies again, lies to the head of state, lies again, tries to bluff and blunder his way through anything and everything while throwing billions at his cronies. An absolute charlatan of a man. And yet just like the US, there is a sizeable percentage of people who still support this utter, utter turd. And worst of all, we are stuck with this toad for years to come.

Now, in the context of Biden winning the presidency, it means we will be further exposed by what de Pfeffel is. The US Presidency now won't be tossing the salad of right wing populism in the UK, instead they will do what is the best thing for the american people and take advantage by aggressively pushing a pro US agenda at the expense of everyone in the UK. And they will win, we will lose, de Pfeffel and every cancerous little ***** like him will blame remoaners and the forrins for their own sordid mess.

So in summary, it's better for everyone that Biden won because Trump was and remains an utter ****, but sort of irrelevant from our point of view as we are still suffering from an appalling inept government and Congress wouldn't have approved any sort of pro british deal anyway.

You have to remember the other choice we had at the last election was someone who had a history of being hand in glove with any terrorist organisation that hated this country.
Good to see he and his band of Marxist Antisemite apologists are being lanced from the Labour Party like a sceptic splinter.

Trump may have been Pro a trade deal but he could have changed his mind on that at any time.

You have to remember the other choice we had at the last election was someone who had a history of being hand in glove with any terrorist organisation that hated this country.
Good to see he and his band of Marxist Antisemite apologists are being lanced from the Labour Party like a sceptic splinter.

Oh, here we go, "Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser, is an anti-semite, blah, blah, blah"

Have you been reading Sun or The Daily Mail? You do realise that Tory governments talked to the IRA as well don't you? That's how you deal with them. It's not like fighting a regular army. Goverments and other people talk to and negotiate with terrorist organisations every day, all around the world.

It's possible to be anti-Isreal without being a anti-semite.

Do you really think people like Johnson, Rees Mogg, Farage or the rest of them really care about the likes of us or those less fortunate than us? If so, frankly you are delusional. Yes there are some bad people in the Labour party, just like there are some very good people in the Tory party.

I wouldn't leave any of them in the company of them with anything I owned owned or anyone I cared about for more than five minutes. Corbyn may not be perfect, but has far more integrity than the current cabinet.

This is a purge, pure and simple. For some reason, the people of Bolsover decided not to return Dennis Skinner to parliament a nd the furore is a good excuse to get rid of the very left of the party.

Last edited:
My view is, i don't really care who is in power, i will care when i can't do what i want ie go out in my car go shopping on holiday and do it when i want not when someone tells me, life is a gift to be enjoyed by everyone no matter were they come from, its not a right of passage for the elite of this world, there's a rumour that you can change things with your vote false news it ain't happened in the 50 odd years i been doing it so why stress about it just get on with having your own little good times and feck em o and brew beer athumb..

My view is, i don't really care who is in power, i will care when i can't do what i want ie go out in my car go shopping on holiday and do it when i want not when someone tells me, life is a gift to be enjoyed by everyone no matter were they come from, its not a right of passage for the elite of this world, there's a rumour that you can change things with your vote false news it ain't happened in the 50 odd years i been doing it so why stress about it just get on with having your own little good times and feck em o and brew beer athumb..

clapa

Latest posts

Back