Is the Meghan Interview with Oprah a big deal in the UK? Is/was Oprah Winfrey a big celeb with you folks?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H&M hook up
Wanna get married? Err...into that mob of retards?
It's ok, proper PR mob running it now
PR mob: the firm needs new blood, ethnic a bonus
Family: hang on, she's a bit swarthy. Perfect smokescreen for Nonce Andrew!
Sun, Express, Mail...

CT stop digging it getting silly. You argue with anyone that doesn't hold your views.

You seem to have difficulty with the concept of debate, if I post something a member disagrees with I don't accuse them of causing an argument if they post their opposing views I find it strange that you have the opposite view if I do the same, we all have freedom of speech here as long as long as we stay within the rules.

Last edited:
And who exactly are the Brand Finance Network? - if it's on the internet it isn't necessarily true
That's not really the issue, the main issue is they are taking the profits from The Crown Estates as if that's somehow relevant to whether there is a monarchy or not.

Get rid of the royals and TCE will still be there, it's not their property and irrelevant.

Only the gullible will fall into the trap of believing what she says is true. Unfortunately the gullible are in the majority. But on the other hand, I do love the gullible they are the easiest to get the money off.

Last edited:
I don't really care about the two in the op.

Like most of us we all have problems and just try and get on the best I can and be the best and most decent human I can.

I always try and keep out. Like I said in another thread I find the extremes on both sides disturbing.

However we have people actually advocating murdering people on here they don't like or agree with. What the actual hell is wrong with people 😖 yuck!!

You seem to have difficulty with the concept of debate, if I post something a member disagrees with I don't accuse them of causing an argument if they post their opposing views I find it strange that you have the opposite view if I do the same, we all have freedom of speech here as long as long as we stay within the rules.
What some people may not understand is that Chippy is a Mod but also a member and not always modding with the rights to his own views (whether you think his views are right/wrong). Sometimes the best way of modding is to be in the thick of it so that any comments that are out of order are picked up on immediately. athumb..

I don't really care about the two in the op.

Like most of us we all have problems and just try and get on the best I can and be the best and most decent human I can.

I always try and keep out. Like I said in another thread I find the extremes on both sides disturbing.

However we have people actually advocating murdering people on here they don't like or agree with. What the actual hell is wrong with people 😖 yuck!!

My post on guillotines was very much tongue-in-cheek. I do advocate abolishing the monarchy though.

What some people may not understand is that Chippy is a Mod but also a member

Thanks Baron.

I was an active member here a long time before becoming a moderator then quite a while later I was asked to be the U.K Administer, I try to be fair when I moderate as do the other moderators some members may not see it that way but believe me that is the way we do things here.

I don't care about the monarchy, however pity the press seem to have forgotten all about Prince Andrew, how convenient.

Apart from being a non-covid story, it distracts people from asking the real questions such as WTF are the government spending 30+ billion on? A bit of a breakdown of costs, contracts and deliverables would be good for starters.

Only the gullible will fall into the trap of believing what she says is true. Unfortunately the gullible are in the majority. But on the other hand, I do love the gullible they are the easiest to get the money off.
I've come to the conclusion that foxy's is a troll account, surely nobody would post this sort of thing in earnest.

Mainly because of all of the extreme left wing views and comments.
I really can't understand why there is all this fuss about this pair of wasters.
I, for one, will be ignoring this thread from now.
It depends what you mean by ‘extreme left wing views’. Some people would say that anyone slightly to the left of Genghis Khan would qualify. For my own part, I’m 66 and always regarded myself as a political fence sitter. However in recent years I believe that politics has shifted much further to the right, and the fence had been whipped out from underneath me.

1, who cares?
2, who gives a dam?
3, Celeb tantrums?
4, Soap Opera!

I prefer the idea of the Queen to that of President Blair or President Redwood ... That would be right out of Steven King novel!!

But bring the £ (all of it) back into the public purse and make the sucking parasites get jobs.

Aamcle

1, who cares?
2, who gives a dam?

Seeing the viewership figures, millions of people

I prefer the idea of the Queen to that of President Blair or President Redwood ... That would be right out of Steven King novel!!

Simple fix, make the president's role purely ceremonial (Like in the Republic of Ireland) and retain a parliametary democracy (like the Republic of Ireland).

At the risk of being slightly provocative the merits of the dispute between the Sussexes and the Royal family are not black and white. Remember this is a woman who has fallen out with a husband a half sister her father and now a whole family. The Royals may have slipped up somewhere along the line but anyone paying attention to the skin tone allegation will have noticed that MM said it happened during her pregnancy and Harry seemed to say when they were initially going out. The business about Archie not being a prince is irrelevant as he is not entitled to be anyway so was hardly singled out. All this stuff is from a woman who is self obsessed and claims to want a quiet life but in reality thrives on victimhood and the reflected status of, wait for it, the Royal Family.

I had hoped that I was clear with my OP that I just wanted to know if the interview was as big a deal (or more so) as it was here. It was just a none-too-serious question to get an idea of US/UK opinion on the interview's interest factor. I refer to the UK folks here as sample of an opinion instead of going on Google.
Personally, I'd be happy if the thread was erased since what happened is not what I intended to start. Had I known, I would have posted about "best yeast to use in a dark beer" instead.

I had hoped that I was clear with my OP that I just wanted to know if the interview was as big a deal (or more so) as it was here. It was just a none-too-serious question to get an idea of US/UK opinion on the interview's interest factor. I refer to the UK folks here as sample of an opinion instead of going on Google.
Personally, I'd be happy if the thread was erased since what happened is not what I intended to start. Had I known, I would have posted about "best yeast to use in a dark beer" instead.
Well I think that you’ve probably guessed by now that there’s not simple yes or no answer. There are are royalists who like it and royalists who don’t, and royalists who don’t give a hoot either way. Similarly with non-royalists. There are some subjects that for us Brits are a can of worms. The monarchy is one and the ‘B’ word is another.

Back