Is there a rioja kit worth making?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crin

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've done 4 beer kits which were outstanding and was so impressed with the kits, I'm looking to do some wine.
I'm a bit sceptical but then I was about the beer and it's easily as good as my favourite beers.
Are there any REALLY good kits out there? I don't want to bother if they're, as many reviews say, "as good as a commercial £5 wine"; or am I asking a bit much?

Beaverdale rioja isnt bad after a couple of months iv drunk some rioja thats a lot better and plenty that isnt. I only made a 6 bottle kit and if/when i make a 30 bottle i will probabaly use a bit less water than the recipe called for and add some more oak . Having said that i still have a few bottles of the first batch which im planning on keeping for another six months to see if it does improve with age .

Another vote for Beaverdale Rioja.
I have made their Rioja, Shiraz and Chateau Neuf on successive weeks. While the other 2 are very drinkable, the Rioja is definitely the better of the 3. Holds its own with wines wines >£8. The other 2 are more in the £5/6 range.
Mine didn't have a great oaky depth but still had the taste and mouth feel of a quality wine.

Latest posts

Back