is this knackered

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkdude

Reaction score
I was making the inkeepers daughter coopers kit, and i put more sugar in to prime it than the recipe said i put about 4g of sugar per litre in to it, but had to release two bottles worth from the keg to the bottle as there was a leak, at the top, so melted the plastic back together,. and that keg is fine (all this happened within ten mins of me kegging it with the sugar for secondary fermentation/priming

BUT the bottled beer seems to not be doing anything. looked in the bottle no yeast moving around anything in a day since

is that normal? or is the stuff i had to transfer into bottles knackered now.

should they be flat like that with NO yeast movement? the keg is doing fine

Attachments

• 93015977_2941588612599985_6186577258023485440_o (1).jpg
    93015977_2941588612599985_6186577258023485440_o (1).jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 52
How well mixed in was the sugar when you put it in the PB? If it was well mixed in your bottles will be fine.

Setting as you have flip tops, you could crack them open, add 1g of sugar to each, reseal and hope for the best. You'll get either some nominal carbonation or lots, but at those levels not enough to make a bottle bomb.

How much yeast movement are you expecting in a bottle with residual live yeast and only an additional 2g of sugar per bottle? Leave it be, have another look in a couple of weeks and I'm sure you'll see some yeast remnants at the bottom of each bottle of fizzy beer.

How well mixed in was the sugar when you put it in the PB? If it was well mixed in your bottles will be fine.

Setting as you have flip tops, you could crack them open, add 1g of sugar to each, reseal and hope for the best. You'll get either some nominal carbonation or lots, but at those levels not enough to make a bottle bomb.
i melted the sugar in warm water in the keg then poured the beer in through the tubing so it mized well i think :)

Latest posts

Back