Is this TC10 wiring correct?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D C

Reaction score
Hi all, I started on my TC10 tonight and after totally destroying 2 of the white boxes pictured below :evil: what a pain in the A**E to drill and cut to fit a TC10 into. I decided to have a go at wiring up the TC10 to the trailing sockets and some power cord just to see if I could get it right. Just wondering if some one could have a look at my wiring and see if I have it wired correctly :?: As I could not see all of the wiring in this photo
b3-4.jpg

Smashed 2 of these white boxes :x
b1-3.jpg

Here are the photo's of my wiring ! Hope some one can tell me if its correctly wired, I will have too buy another box from Wilko's to house the TC10 in #-o 3rd time lucky I hope.

TC1.jpg

TC2.jpg

TC3.jpg

Cheers DC :?

Looks fine from what I can make out.

Mains Neutral to far left - also attached to the heating and cooling neutrals.
Mains Live to the next one along, also linked to the next one after that.

Cooling Live to the next one along then Heating Live.

All earths connected together.

Hi all, Well I have finally managed to wire up my TC10 tonight after wrecking 2 plastic socket boxes in the process :evil: But its finally completed :D It took me ages to drill all the holes and cut and grind the hole out in the plastic box for the TC10 :x Had a bit of a game on getting all the wires connected up once the TC10 was in the box :x Had to take it apart about 3 times to get it right. I have only tested the power to the TC10 at the moment as I had to move my mobile brewing stand which houses my brewing fridge to install the sensor via the drain hole in the bottom of the fridge at the back ! So I wont be trying the cooling out until the gas has settled ! I did however switch the fridge on instead of the TC10 for a split second and then swithced it straight off again #-o Does anyone know if this will damage my fridge at all :?: I will leave for 24 hours before switching fridge on again. So Back to the TC10 :wink: I plugged one of those circuit breakers (type you use with your lawn mower) into the socket and then plugged the TC10 into the circuit breaker incase my wiring was dodgy :shock: And finally flicked the switch and guess what :?: It bloody worked :shock: and didnt go bang :D Had a bit of a mess on with settings etc to try and get a feel of how to work it :wha: Will have a proper go tomorrow :D

All wired up
TC4.jpg

TC5-1.jpg

Close up 8)
TC6.jpg

Digital thermometer on the left looks well out :shock:
TC7.jpg

Cheers DC :wink:

Very tidy work on the housing D C :cool:
Regards the temp have you tried to calibrate the sensor yet?
If not, a simple one point reference is to place some ice in a beaker and top up with water until the ice is just submerged. Give it a good stir and then place your TC 10 sensor in the ice water (even better stir with the sensor). Give it a minute or so and the temp should read 0. if it doesn't adjust the temp via the user manual, I'm not familiar with the TC 10, but I assume it can be done. Hope that may be of some use :thumb:

Hi all, I have just read V1's reply and then thats when it hit me :oops: its the digital thermometer on the RIGHT thats out not the TC10, plus the fridge had just been switched on ! Helpful tip about testing and setting the TC :thumb:

:cheers: DC

I'm pretty much sold on the TC 10...just need to get one, or 2 or 3 :D
Anyone need a ATC 800 :D
Regards the TC 10's temps jb, it's unusual for an out of the box to be so accurate, I'm impressed, thanks for the heads up :thumb:

I bought one while blethering on the chat room on Friday night. I should get it midweek and then the fun starts. :wha:

I plan to just do it very simple to start with. I am going to drive heat belt with the TC-10 and simply use some insulation in the form of a couple of blankets to keep the heat in. If I can get this working to some degree then I can look at something a bit more custom later.

Of course the moral of the story is not to mix alcohol and eBay while in the chat room. :whistle:

I got the TC10 yesterday and wired it up as your photo's showed and it appears to be working a treat.

Thanks for the post and photo's- it really made the job very easy indeed. :cheers:

If any of the admin's are looking on then this one might be worth posting on the "How To" forum :?: :cool:

Hi all, I am hoping to get my brewing fridge up and running soon and I am looking at various options for the heating source :!: Just wondering if its okay to drill a hole in the side of the fridge to run the power cable through for what ever power source I enventually decide on and if so where is the best place to drill it ? Or is it possible to wire the heating source to the wiring already inside the fridge i.e the light bulb inside the fridge which comes on when you open the door :hmm: Hoping some one can answer either or both of these :?: dont really want to drill holes if I dont need to ;)

:cheers: DC ;)

If it was me . . . I would probably drill the hole in the compressor shelf . . . looking at the back of the fridge where the compressor is will show you the safest place to drill, then just turn it round and drill slowly and gently

Latest posts

Back