iSpindel - digital WiFi hydrometer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I have been searching on google and this forum to find out if anyone has had any issue with the green LED being on all the time in the fermenter?

I see that one chap on youtube says he covers his with black paint, but there seems to be no other references to it being covered/removed/painted anywhere else so I thought I'd ask before I take the board out of the tube - having now calibrated I would rather not, but presumably any mismatch in position of the board in the tube could easily be rectified with an offset in brewfather.

Cheers,

Tom

Mine has got a red led which is on all of the time (a power light I’m guessing) and a blue one which flashes for Wi-Fi.

Hi all,

I have been searching on google and this forum to find out if anyone has had any issue with the green LED being on all the time in the fermenter?

I see that one chap on youtube says he covers his with black paint, but there seems to be no other references to it being covered/removed/painted anywhere else so I thought I'd ask before I take the board out of the tube - having now calibrated I would rather not, but presumably any mismatch in position of the board in the tube could easily be rectified with an offset in brewfather.

Cheers,

Tom
Assuming it’s the LED on the gyro, some people remove it to reduce battery usage, I’ve always just left it.

No idea why anyone would paint over it.

Thanks chaps, yes I think it's the one on the gyro. Obviously neither of you have suffered any ill effects from it being there.

I think the chap I mentioned painted it to stop the beer being exposed to light, which is why I wanted to check before I just dunked it in there for a week or so only to find my beer tasted off having had a light on in there the whole time.

Latest posts

Back