iSpindel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They offer a reasonable degree of accuracy, better at looking at the trend of falling FG and temp fluctuations.
Brewfarther works after a simple copy and paste.
How do you set up with brewfather ? I cannot get it to work with it at all. I copied the server address and api link and enabled but nothing recorded in the fermentation section. I had to go back to using brewspy, which is a very good app but wanted to have all the data in one app.

You didn't copy the api and server details for brewspy into brewfather settings did you?
I use brewspy and tinker with brewpiless integrate to ispindel but fairly sure you'd need a different set of info for it.

You didn't copy the api and server details for brewspy into brewfather settings did you?
I use brewspy and tinker with brewpiless integrate to ispindel but fairly sure you'd need a different set of info for it.
No used the different settings given in brewfather. I also tried with the token field removed as I didn't see this mentioned in the help docs.

How do you set up with brewfather ? I cannot get it to work with it at all. I copied the server address and api link and enabled but nothing recorded in the fermentation section. I had to go back to using brewspy, which is a very good app but wanted to have all the data in one app.

I have a Float device which is similar to the iSpindel but had the same issue as you. I plugged in the API and server address but nothing.

What I discovered is that you have to attach your device to each brew. So in the Fermentation section of the Brewfather App there should be an option for Devices. Once you click on that you can attach it to the brew. I'm brewing right now hence it says Detach below.

Oh, and you should detach the iSpindel/Float etc when the brew is done.

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 09.23.06.png

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 09.17.55.png

Not sure if that's your issue but I thought that I would share my experience anyway.

You can also click on the three columns (bottom right on the picture above) to switch on/off any of the readings. I switch off the battery data which just gets in the way.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I did attach the device to the batch but no luck. Will get a read of the other forum thread . The only thing I can think of that might cause an issue is that brewfather States that you should not log more than every 900 seconds and I have it set to 600 seconds for brew spy. Shouldn't cause as issue but might try and change that when this current fermentation is complete.

I have read somewhere that if you have the log time less than 900 seconds then readings are ignored but I thought it was only any readings that they receive less than 900 seconds of the last accepted reading, so in your case I would have expected every other reading to be ignored and you would get a reading every 1200 seconds instead

I have read somewhere that if you have the log time less than 900 seconds then readings are ignored but I thought it was only any readings that they receive less than 900 seconds of the last accepted reading, so in your case I would have expected every other reading to be ignored and you would get a reading every 1200 seconds instead
Yeah I had thought something like that, but barring anything obvious or something else i can find after a search it's the only thing left to try

certainly brewspy will ignore some readings after a time interval if it receives data too often. I can't comment on brewfather though.

Assume you have tried this
https://docs.brewfather.app/integrations/ispindeland watched this

PS I don't live under a rock as they mention in this video at the beginning ( heard it whilst typing this) but don't know anything brewfather.

certainly brewspy will ignore some readings after a time interval if it receives data too often. I can't comment on brewfather though.

Assume you have tried this
https://docs.brewfather.app/integrations/ispindeland watched this

PS I don't live under a rock as they mention in this video at the beginning ( heard it whilst typing this) but don't know anything brewfather.

It appears that I misinterpreted (read ignored) the logging interval setting. As mentioned previously, I had it set for 600 seconds for brew spy and left it like that for brewfather even though it says it only records data every 900 seconds. Just thought that it would still be recording some data. From re-reading the section it says "It is very important that your update intervall is 900 or higher, otherwise your logging will be ignored."

So the lesson learnt from this is don't assume anything and follow the instructions as they are there for a reason😳😳

Ha. Just ordered one on Ebay and waiting on delivery to NZ. Checked seller and it's gingerneil... 🙂

Good to know there's expert technical help if I need it...

Just checked. It's in the country, should get it in a couple of days. Looking fwd to trying it out...
Will let you know.
Cheers. 🙂

Latest posts

Back