• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

iSpindels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@gingerneil mine arrived today. Postman delivered to the wrong street but thankfully they guy knocked round with it. Just got to get to grips with it now before my next brew. Cheers pal athumb..

Mine arrived today. Looks very well made and fast delivery. Now the fun begins as I look into setting it up and getting the readings out of it.

Great news - sounds like RM are behaving again after dropping the ball a little (understandably) on parcels for a while. Have fun, and shout up if you need any help. :)

Mine has also arrived safely I’m pleased to report. Does anyone have any experience of connecting them to the Grainfather app? I’ve read the Grainfather instructions but what’s puzzling me is I can’t see anything that links my account on the app to a specific iSpindel. All the details you input to the iSpindel seem to be generic. I must be missing something. Also, is there anything stopping me connecting the iSpindel to my guest wifi network (as generally recommended for IoT devices) rather than the main one?

Mine has also arrived safely I’m pleased to report. Does anyone have any experience of connecting them to the Grainfather app? I’ve read the Grainfather instructions but what’s puzzling me is I can’t see anything that links my account on the app to a specific iSpindel. All the details you input to the iSpindel seem to be generic. I must be missing something. Also, is there anything stopping me connecting the iSpindel to my guest wifi network (as generally recommended for IoT devices) rather than the main one?
I eventually completed the calibration and I needn’t have worried. Connecting it to the GF app was pretty straightforward - after I’d managed to enter all the details in the iSpindel and save them before it timed out that is! (This took about 3 goes.) But once I’d done that it all just sprung to life. I even managed to connect it to my guest network with no problems. It’s now happily monitoring it’s first brew, which probably means I will keg it a week before I otherwise would. All good.

Hi there.
Just wondering how long should the battery last as it died mid 1st brew ...
also what charger should I use for charging it.
Thx

Hi there.
Thx

If you want to remove it to charge the nitecore q4 is a quality charger for 18650 batterys. Or pretty much anything by xtar.

Hi there.
Thx
It should last couple of months for sure. Just checked mine and battery has only dropped by 16% after 2 weeks in the fermenter

Is there a light on these that comes on when charging? Nothing lights up on mine and I'm wondering if perhaps it's not charging up....

Yeah thanks, I can't log in, it's completely dead :(
It was never more than 3.51 I didn't think to check that it was charging up.

@nixhaz
Make sure that you are charging through the correct USB port. The data port will not put any charge in the battery.
Should be about 4.16 V when fully charged at least. Slow decline of charge in use . But rapid decline if you haven't reset it to say 900 seconds ( every 15 minutes) . Mine went flat in a few days when I left it on every 5 seconds by mistake when configuring it.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it is the correct one, as it is the one at the top of the unit by the on/off switch.
I had it set to 900 seconds. Then it started reporting only every hour (I hadn't changed any settings), then only reporting gravity not temperature, then it stopped. Is that what happens when the battery runs out?

Back