• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

iSpindels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil Id love one of these too if you still have any left at all please? Been thinking about getting one for ages.. couldnt quite justify the price of a Tilt.

Neil, please could you let me know how I go about getting one of these from you. I noticed you are selling them on EBay, should I buy one via that route?
Thanks Michael.

Neil, please could you let me know how I go about getting one of these from you. I noticed you are selling them on EBay, should I buy one via that route?
Thanks Michael.

Its totally up to you. I'm asking a little more on ebay as they charge fees for selling etc, but you get buyer protection there - so your choice. I'm also sending recorded delivery to those on here vs standard 2nd class on ebay.
Drop me a message if you decide which way you'd rather go.

Hi Neil are these ready to use, do they need calibration etc. I’m partialy blind and think this might be a way forward for me, I really struggle to read a hydrometer

Hi Paul,
As each build varies slightly (mounting of the gyro for example can never be exact), I am not calibrating each one but leaving it up to those buying. Not only does that save me doing each one, but I also think its a great was to get familiar with the device to to understand whats going on with the data.
They can either be calibrated in a sugar solution, or in a brew - taking regular readings and comparing against a hydrometer and using the online tools to create the calibration equation.

Mine arrived at lunchtime today, and by 3pm it was calibrated and in a brew taking readings. Very simple setup, excellent.

Using an app called BrewSpy. Very simple to set up and get meaningful data. Tried initially with ubidots, but it bamboozled me.

Mine arrived yesterday. I've not put it to good use yet, but hope to calibrate and start a new brew over the next few days.

Excellent service from Neil - a very neat and professional job.

Neil, My iSpindel arrived very speedily this morning. The workmanship and tidiness of the construction and soldering is second to none.
Thanks to the sound advice given by Dolve (thanks for that Dolve, I too was completely bemused by Ubidots) I downloaded the Brew spy app and calibrated, with the iSpindel in a brew by teatime.
This looks like this is going to be a game changer for my brewing processes, so Neil thanks you so much.

I too was completely bemused by Ubidots
Brewspy is easier to use but Ubidots lets you do more. It isn't too difficult to get your head around and set up a dashboard:
1594507416339.png

Mine arrived this week. Well packaged and promptly delivered. The build quality is better than I'd hoped for and, although I've not even turned it on yet, I'm looking forward to my next brew when I can give it a test run.
Cheers Neil.

Mine arrived this week. Well packaged and promptly delivered. The build quality is better than I'd hoped for and, although I've not even turned it on yet, I'm looking forward to my next brew when I can give it a test run.
Cheers Neil.
You should turn it on and set it up and calibrate it before your next brew.

Back