Its Gonna Be A Scorcher On Friday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley Rubble

Landlord.
Reaction score
They (the weather people) are talking of 32c to 33c in the southeast on Friday!

I have a few brews on the go, wine , beer and TC and trying to keep them at a steady temperature. Only have one beer fridge, so it could be a struggle to maintain a steady fermentation temperature. Generally my garage stays cool but when the temperature gets up towards 90f, it becomes a hot house.

What is everyone else doing to stay cool?

Having a hot spell in Michigan as well. Basement stays at 68°F so the three beers fermenting are doing fine.
It's been high 80's or a couple low 90's for about 9 days now.
Just using the AC but as little as possible.

They (the weather people) are talking of 32c to 33c in the southeast on Friday!

So glad its not going to be quite that hot here.

wwwwwwwwww.jpg

Not quite so hot here either, I will be on a 50 mile bike ride in the morning and bottling in the afternoon

Capture.JPG

You might like it...
Been to the beach today with the mrs,the younger child and the dogs...son decided it was underpants time and jumped in the sea...

I have just had a few pints in my local in the beer garden - first time I have left the house in 4 months.

It was all quite sensible and a much needed mental escape. I might go back tomorrow but then leave it another 2 weeks while they open up inside though and keep an eye on things.

Live in Glasgow so it will be our summer for the year. I'll be working indoors unfortunately

I got lucky today and haven't been to the more busy part of the lakes today i bet its horrible on those lanes and parking will resemble mass car abandoning as usual.

Been a couple of light showers here so pub visit didn't happen. We are still outdoors only here until Monday.

Not that I will be rushing back for a couple of weeks at least I think.

It's an effing horrible 33 here. Can't even think straight. Hoping my SMaSH in the cupboard under the stairs is OK - in 2nd week of fermentation and haven't got a thermometer on it as it's only 5l.

Really need to set up my fridge...

Its going to end in lock down again, they have already started in Lancashire and Yorkshire.

Latest posts

Back