Quantcast

Its Gonna Be A Scorcher On Friday

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

AdeDunn

Reaction score
My parents came over today, first time we have seen them in probably more than a year. Sparked up the barbie, burned some sausages, cooked everything else ok (turned out my dad likes his sausage skins burned off, so they were just how he likes him, also luckily, it's a wood barbie, so no hydrocarbon flavours even when you scorch stuff like you get with charcoal...).

Definitely passed 30 degrees here I'm sure, was 29 degrees C this morning.... The food wasn't the only thing that got cooked....

IMG_20200625_175226.jpg

Clint

Hammered.....
Reaction score
It's cooler here now in Wrexham..was 30+ earlier! I've coped by sleeping on my fishing bed under the apple tree...

DavidDetroit

Landlord.
Reaction score
Do you call them "super spreaders" in the UK as well?
Dr. Fauci (CDC infectious disease expert) said the US can look forward to more of the same with no end in sight unless we, miraculously, start listening to the experts as a whole.

chillipickle

Reaction score
Went to pick up some water for tomorrows brew from tesco, car was reading 35c, and it really did feel like it!
Nice cool breez now but still way up near the 30's ashock1

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Went to pick up some water for tomorrows brew from tesco, car was reading 35c, and it really did feel like it!
Nice cool breez now but still way up near the 30's ashock1
I nipped into the office at 9:15 this morning and the car was already reading 33c!!

I'm brewing tomorrow too, don't think the coil chiller is going to be much use...

chillipickle

Reaction score
I nipped into the office at 9:15 this morning and the car was already reading 33c!!

I'm brewing tomorrow too, don't think the coil chiller is going to be much use...
I quite well belive it, at 7 am walking the dog it was 27.5c.

Worf

Reaction score
Watching the comments on 28, 30, & even 35 cause me to be envious. Our highs this week have been > 44-47 (112-117) .
Looking at the forecast for my wife's hometown (Brentwood, Essex), makes airline tickets a temptation.

Galena

Landlord.
Reaction score
Watching the comments on 28, 30, & even 35 cause me to be envious. Our highs this week have been > 44-47 (112-117) .
Looking at the forecast for my wife's hometown (Brentwood, Essex), makes airline tickets a temptation.
Yes I see they are forecasting risk to life the next couple of days

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
Well you do live in a desert