Its party time...how to deal with foaming picnic/party taps...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have brewed a beer for tonights festivities and its chilled and nicely carbed. About to transport it to a mates house in preparation of a small gathering of friends to see in the new year. Will wrap the keg up with insulation to slow its warming and hopefully that will be fine for the evening. However using the party tap it is foaming big time. I was considering dropping the pressure to 5psi and letting it settle. I do have a tap attached to a ball lock fitting but that isn't any better. Any other ideas on how to manage the foam?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Its always a awkward one to get the party taps to pour. I have 3/16th line in mine but it is still hit and miss depending on the temp it is hitting the glass at. You could at a push fill a 2 litre pop bottle and let this settle to aid topping up the foamy beers.
Hope its a good do we certainly need it :beer1: athumb..

Cheers. Should have thought ahead and got some more beer line! I've managed in the past but always had a smaller keg that I can keep cold in a bucked of iced water which seems to help, but got a full on 19 litre keg this time. Think I'll drop the pressure and hope for the best. Managed to get as good as 50/50 beer foam last night so in a small glass that isn't too bad. Should maintain decent carbonation through the evening.

Definitely need it. The "FCUK 2021 IPA" should go down well I think!

I would still pull a 2 litre pop bottle to top up it will make the job quicker rather than pouring so slow it seems like forever if you are waiting for a drink or as the old Hofbrau house used to do they had a few half pulled glasses ready for a top up as and when needed, not ideal but just incase anyway good luck and lets hope the pouring gods are with you

Latest posts

Back