Its too hot!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have the same view of hot weather as Gunge and the thought of being stuck in a wagon cab with no air con having seen next weeks forecast fills me with dread.

How do you cope at work when the weather is like this?

rrrrrrrrrr.jpg

I work with kids with severe learning difficulties, many of which have severe epilepsy so heat is really not good. Whilst I like it hot work is really hard work at this time of year, Air con and fans can never do enough for that situation

It was very nice spending yesterday afternoon out in the local pub's beer garden enjoying their beer festival but the working week is just a pain in this heat. The trains into London are overheated and the tube is so hot it should be illegal. @Chippy_Tea if you can get a job in the west of the country they're supposed to get rain this week.

I'm back at work this week after a 5-week 'break'and I'm dreading it. It's a heavy engineering shop and will be 45°C minimum in there. To make matters worse I'm on afters, starting at 2pm. I do not believe anyone who says they like this heat, unless they're dole wallahs / retired etc. There must be some novelty value about it for others to insist it's great, but a few more weeks of this and things will start to get nasty in more ways than one. Roll on October...

if you can get a job in the west of the country they're supposed to get rain this week.

We are in the north west but as you can see in the OP no sign of rain.

The Met Office has issued its first ever weather warning for thunderstorms - with torrential showers and hail possible in south-west England and Wales.

Forecasters said storms may develop and bring heavy rain, hail and lightning to those regions on Sunday.

The yellow warning runs from 6am to 10pm, while the heatwave is set to continue for the rest of the weekend elsewhere in the UK.

Temperatures reached a high of 29.5C (85F) on Saturday and the Met Office said there were no reports of rain, while Otterbourne in Hampshire was the UK hotspot.

Sunday will continue in a similar vein with parts of the Midlands and London reaching up to 30C (86F) with higher levels of humidity than in previous days, forecasters have said.

The thunderstorm warning is one of two new weather alerts the Met Office has introduced. The other is for lightning.

Meanwhile, it is not just people wilting in the continuing heatwave. The high temperatures have affected farmers in major salad-growing areas, from Fife and Lancashire, to East Anglia and Sussex – and the UK could see a lettuce shortage as a result.

Dieter Lloyd, the spokesperson for British Leafy Salad Growers, said: “When the mercury hits 30C, lettuces can’t grow.

“We may be seeing some gaps on retailers’ shelves in the next two weeks as the heatwave continues.”

mrs away so no bothering about mess, riding mtb brewing beer outside and swimming in the loch to cool down with home brew on tap... it could be worse.

Well, the beginning of last week I was getting my hay crop in and on friday we were shearing our sheep. So as far as I'm concerned from now on I'll be hiding in the cool indoors with a tankard of homebrew at my elbow until further notice...

Well, the beginning of last week I was getting my hay crop in and on friday we were shearing our sheep. So as far as I'm concerned from now on I'll be hiding in the cool indoors with a tankard of homebrew at my elbow until further notice...

Making hay while the sun shines, huh? Was going to go for a blast on the mobike with the missus this aft but not now... being baked alive in leathers, gloves, helmet etc ain't fun. Just gonna stay home and sweat it out. Roll on October.

Gritters have been out spreading finely crushed stone on the roads as the main roads are melting you can see two black stripes of tar on a lot of them where the tyres have been we really are not geared up for normal temperatures imagine if we had a proper scorcher.

It’s reaching crisis point. It’s almost so hot I don’t want a beer. Almost.

My commute is going to be horrendous this week, bike and train! I haven’t seen any melting roads yet but I do have the reduced speed limits on the train because of the track temperature.

But I’m fortunate to have air conditioning in the office, it has been prone to breaking down and I really hope it doesn’t this week.

Get into work half hour early and leave three quarters of an hour early... result!!
Seriously though our office is south facing with very large windows, can’t have the windows open as it destroys the blinds. May have move camp to one of our facilities that has air con.

I work in a kitchen that has an aga, so it’s constantly on,
Not good in summer but nice in winter

We live out in the sticks a bit and the tractors are breaking the surface of the tarmac roads.
Lancashire was never meant to be this hot.

I’ve had enough of it so off this week to Greece where you can get some decent weather.

Last year it was 46 degrees, fantastic!

Book, umbrella and cold beer. Shame the Lions aren’t on tour like last year.

Been off this week which has been great. Meant to be off next week too but decided to swap it for when the kids are off. Knowing my luck it will be pissing down then

Been off this week which has been great. Meant to be off next week too but decided to swap it for when the kids are off. Knowing my luck it will be pissing down then

I hope it's raining cats and dogs the next time I'm off. Would give almost anything for a thunderstorm right now whilst waiting for autumn. Ye - roll on October...

I think its about time we had some decent weather. It makes a change from all that cold and effing wet stuff. Went to Scarborough yesterday on the Busa and the breeze down the leathers was really refreshing. Got home ,had a few home brews ......Perfect day :cheers3::thumb:

Latest posts

Back