Jaipur IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wonder if the recipe has changed over time, specifically the hops

With hops being the most expensive component of a beer, you can put money on it. I know our taste buds change over time but the number of people who complain about beers (not just Jaipur) losing their mojo over time can't be a coincidence.
I may be doing some breweries a disservice but if the accounts get their hands on a recipe it's never a good outcome 🥺

Cheers Tom

Have to agree,bought 4 cans of this in a supermarket recently -totally underwhelmed by it.
Awful stuffasad.ashock1

How much of that is the brewery's fault, and how much about how the supermarket looks after it? If beer from different breweries is affected, then maybe it's the retailer that is your problem???

i tried it not long back i did not like it, i just opend a can of brewdog elvis juice same thing absolute phis not a patch on what it was
I was thinking this a couple of days ago... I've had a lot of elvis juice over the years, used to be the one beer from them i liked, but i got a 4 pack on holiday last week and i swear the quality/flavour has really dropped. didn't taste anything like i remember. maybe it was just a poor pack caused by the retailer not handling them well, who knows.
Brewdog beers overall seem to have dropped a lot over the last couple of years imho and I wonder if its just them trying to max profit by tweaking previous recipes to make the beer as cheap as poss at the expense of flavour etc.

I've enjoyed cask Jaipur IPA many times in pubs and seem to recall the canned/bottled version being alright.
When I was new to ales I used to like Hobgoblin in bottles, not really fan of the bottled stuff any more, but I had one in a Marston's pub the other day and it was really enjoyable and very fresh (although it was still absolutely nothing like how I remember Hobgoblin used to taste). I went for Hobgoblin because they were sold out of Pedigree, which again I don't care for in bottles but was actually a very nice pint or two when I had it in the same pub previously.

Then on the other hand I stopped in at a real ale pub yesterday and some of the casks were clearly old and were serving flat slate beer that was very underwhelming.

Last edited:
Last I tried was in a pub in York called the Market Cat,which I think is owned by Thornbridge. It was average.

I was in that pub earlier this week, and confirm Jaipur is nothing like as good as it used to be. It's still an enjoyable pint, but I prefer their Green Mountain IPA or some independent brew

The Hop near Fossgate is a great pub. They do many of the Salt brewery beers, Citra IPA being the keg I endeavoured to drain 😉

Back