Jamaican jerk chicken with rice & peas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildbrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
meals nice on a cold night
potato hot pot.

Attachments

• Jamaican jerk chicken & rice & peas.jpg
    Jamaican jerk chicken & rice & peas.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 22
  • chicken casserole.JPG
    chicken casserole.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 21
  • 2020-03-29 17.42.17.jpg
    2020-03-29 17.42.17.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Crazy delicious harissa half lamb leg.jpg
    Crazy delicious harissa half lamb leg.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Home made Lasagna.jpg
    Home made Lasagna.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Sausage & red pepper hot pot.jpg
    Sausage & red pepper hot pot.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 15
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing Jamaican jerk chicken with rice & peas recipe! I've been looking for a new chicken dish to try and this one definitely caught my eye. I love the flavors of jerk chicken and the addition of rice & peas is a perfect pairing. I can't wait to give this recipe a try and see how it compares to my own almond chicken recipe. I'm sure it will be a hit with my family and friends. Thank you again for sharing such a delicious and authentic recipe.

this is the boxing day 2022 turkey curry

Leftover turkey curry recipe serves 2 Ingredients

1 Large onion, large, finely-diced 50g Butter, unsalted

2 cloves Garlic, finely-grated 1 thumb Ginger, finely-grated 1 Red Chillies, finely-chopped 4 Cardamon pods 2 Cloves 1-1/2tsp Coriander seeds 1-1/2tsp Cumin seeds 6 Black peppercorns 1 tin Chopped tomatoes 3 pinches Sea salt 300g Leftover turkey meat, diced into 2cm pieces

Cooking Method​

1 In a medium saucepan covered with a lid, on a medium heat, sweat the onions in the butter for 5 minutes until they are soft and cooked through.​

Remove the lid and continue to cook until the onions start to caramelise. Continue to brown the onions for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time to achieve an even golden colour.

Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and cook for stir for 30 seconds to cook out the rawness.
In a separate small frying pan, on a high heat, gently toast the spices for a minute, before taking off the heat and grinding to a fine powder.

Add this to the onions and spices and cook for 30 seconds.

Stir in 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, bring to a simmer, season and taste. Turn the heat to medium and leave it to reduce by a third.

3 Add the cooked turkey meat, cover with a lid and leave on a low heat for a minimum of 15 minutes.

When you’re ready to serve, taste one final time and adjust the seasoning if necessary. If you find it is a little too hot, you can always serve a little raita on the side to cool the intensity of the curry.

To make the raita, simply mix the yoghurt and cucumber together. A little chopped mint would also be nice.

Serve the curry with a generous helping of wholegrain rice and garnish with a sprig of coriander and sliced spring onions if you wish.

Attachments

• Turkey curry (2).jpg
    Turkey curry (2).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back