James Morton - Brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made a couple of batches of Totally Tropical and it's murky, 'orrible looking stuff as far as I'm concerned, but, and it's a big but, everybody else likes it so I'll probably do it again and try and tidy it up a bit. Morton says this is an original recipe and nobody else brews like this, but I'm sure I've seen a very similar style in Gordon Strong's recipe book. I'll have to look it up again. In the meantime, I'm going to apply the principle to a black IPA. I'll let you know how it turns out.

A toned down version ofThe Undead Pale was one of the best beers I’ve made, same recipe but scaled back to give an ABV of 5%.
I think that Undead pale Ale might be a clone of Zombie Dust by Three Floyds. I've not tried the original but did this clone ('Zombie Dirt') from Northern Brewer. It was lovely. I think i just used Maris Otter instead of Rahr 2-row. Does this look similar to the Morton recipe?

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 09.45.27.png

I think that Undead pale Ale might be a clone of Zombie Dust by Three Floyds. I've not tried the original but did this clone ('Zombie Dirt') from Northern Brewer. It was lovely. I think i just used Maris Otter instead of Rahr 2-row. Does this look similar to the Morton recipe?

View attachment 34959
Pretty much, JM adds 3% Melanoidin malt to the grain bill as well. I went Maris Otter instead of 2-row as well.

I’ve done a few from the book, was underwhelmed by the first couple I did, namely the Oatmeal Pale and Disproportionately Hopped, but that was likely more my fault than the recipes....currently drinking the Store Cupboard American Brown which is lovely and by far my favourite so far from the book. A style I wasn’t previously familiar with which I will definitely revisit.

Latest posts

Back