Jams, Marmalade, Chutneys, Pickle's & Ferments

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd probably give them a miss too.

Do you eat russulas at all? Always think they are a bit under appreciated by most mushroom pickers, which is fine by me, more to eat
Ooo! Not heard of them, will look them up👍

A Wigmore cheese, salami, Dijon mustard and pickled red cabbage sandwich for lunch 🤤
PXL_20210204_133637570.jpg

Made 6 jars of Kumquat marmalade, and 2.5 litres of passata, still got plenty of kumquats left going to make this later.
Kumquat and Birdseye chili infused sauce Recipe by skunkmonkey101
While in the 'Home make it' shop buying more jars, noticed they are getting into cheese making kits. Looks like they cater for all cheese varieties, English French, Italian etc about $80 for 7 kg of cheese (excluding the milk)
Made the Caerphilly once before and remembered why I chose that, it matures quicker.
Watched a couple of this guys videos last night, now wanting to get back into cheese making.

Made 6 jars of Kumquat marmalade, and 2.5 litres of passata, still got plenty of kumquats left going to make this later.
While in the 'Home make it' shop buying more jars, noticed they are getting into cheese making kits. Looks like they cater for all cheese varieties, English French, Italian etc about $80 for 7 kg of cheese (excluding the milk)
Made the Caerphilly once before and remembered why I chose that, it matures quicker.
Watched a couple of this guys videos last night, now wanting to get back into cheese making.

What do you get for your 80$ ?.

I'd love to have a go at that Stilton😍😍

Greengage jam or chutney?

I haven’t seen greengages for years 😀
They're green walnuts, I'm in the (long-winded) process of pickling them.

I've got a greengage tree in the garden, but there's not much fruit on it this year and it'll be another six weeks before they are ripe. They're absolutely delicious, but they go over quickly so most do get turned into jam

Back