Jan 21 Malt Group Buy - Time to Order

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give this round a miss, only because of the current situation.
I definitely want to be involved next time and will still take stock for other people around my area. assuming things are improving by then.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'll give this round a miss, only because of the current situation.
I definitely want to be involved next time and will still take stock for other people around my area. assuming things are improving by then.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
There's no inconvenience - it's a long way from Southport

We are trying to do something that suits those who needed malt sooner

Next time - Mayish we hope to go back to the plan of 3kg bags plus hops in small bags

Best Wishes and Take Care

Anyone tried the Super Pale malt before? I fancy trying it as a new base malt, but don't want to be lumbered with a bland boring malt if it's no good.

From the Muntons guide it looks to be Pilzner-esk.

OB. Thanks for offering this out but I’m not able to justify the travel at this moment in time with the pandemic heading downhill fast in this part of the country. Will definitely look to get involved next time around.
Thanks

I'm going to drop out too. Sorry but can't take the risk at the moment. Once this is all cleared up, I'm in.... thanks again

Yes, same here. A shame, but just trying to keep all safe.
Totally understood Roger

We will be doing the same Apr/May time and hope to include hops and small bags of malt in that

As it is we want to restrict our order to 40 bags (to minimise delivery costs) and already have orders for 34

Best Wishes

As you probably know we are going ahead with a buy of 40 X 25 in the nest couple of weeks

This thread is worth a look at

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/anyone-up-for-some-bulk-hops.91990/
It would involve posting out the hops to those interested

I would be interested in what hops you think you might buy now or in the future using such a route?

fury-tea is looking to buy something within a couple of weeks and so if you are in need of hops now - please let him know

@Obadiah Boondoggle I would be interested when I get low.

I think the challenge is how to best manage the logistics. Posting and packaging could be quite labour intensive for someone. It may however serve as a good option during lockdown.

Personally using cars and having hub sites to distribute is easier for bulkier items outside of lockdown.

Back