January 2021 comp - American pale ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pale that I will be kegging next week so it should be ready to post in a couple of weeks.
Do American Amber's come under this category?

I have a pale that I will be kegging next week so it should be ready to post in a couple of weeks.
Do American Amber's come under this category?
Hmmm, I would think yes because what other category would they fall into, comp wise? Possibly dark beers but in my opinion they fall somewhere in the middle. I will quite happily judge it if no one else objects.

I have no objections.

We should maybe change the comp title if Ambers don’t really fit currently? It could be “American Pales and Ambers”, similar to the category “English bitters and pale ales”.
I think American Amber's and red IPA should be in this category. American Brown would be in Dark.
Would Irish Red or some of the Scottish ales go with pales, Bitters, milds?

Hi I bottled a beer a couple of nights ago, I would like to enter but needs carbonate. What’s the latest date for entry?

Hi I bottled a beer a couple of nights ago, I would like to enter but needs carbonate. What’s the latest date for entry?
The rules are the last day of the month. However, considering we are in lockdown, I will not be penalising anyone due to delays in post by royal mail. That being said, if the beer arrives after I have done the judging, I couldn't really include it. Although I would still give feedback.

If you bottled it the other day, it should be carbed by the time I judge, which will be in approx. 3 weeks.

The rules are the last day of the month. However, considering we are in lockdown, I will not be penalising anyone due to delays in post by royal mail. That being said, if the beer arrives after I have done the judging, I couldn't really include it. Although I would still give feedback.

If you bottled it the other day, it should be carbed by the time I judge, which will be in approx. 3 weeks.

Yep that should be enough time. Pm me your address

Jake

Drew a bottle off the keg this evening, postie should be picking it up tomorrow and it'll be on its way to you @phildo79 .

It was a little lively coming off the keg, so potentially could be a bit of a frother maybe? Only just got this new counter pressure filler so I'm not sure what to expect when opening the bottle. Take care with it anyway just in case...

Back