January 2022 Competition: American Pale Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year All. Its January 1 so time to open a thread for the first competition of 2022.

American Pales... so pale beers brewed with (mostly) American hops. Could be APA, IPA, NEIPA, West Coast, East Coast, Hazy... lots of possibilities

I'm likely to judge weekend of 12th February so a bit of time yet. Probably just enough time to get a brew on if you are quick. I'll confirm judging day closer to the time and happy to accept entries that arrive up until the day.

Good luck to those entering and DM me for address.

NH

I have a NEIPA in the fermentation fridge as we speak. Did the “high krausen” dry hop charge this morning.

I keep missing competition deadlines but should actually manage this one!

I think you could be right, nothing American about it. Brewed with a Belgian yeast and heavily hopped with English hop's 😄
I think this is probably correct. On a similar subject, I don't think IPL's are on brief owing to them being lager rather than ale. Not trying to discourage anyone but we all need a few guidelines in life... ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back