January 2022 Competition: American Pale Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve just remembered I still have some blonde ale in my keg as well, and since I’ll have my new toy to play with I can send 2 bottles in!

Barring any unexpected last minute arrivals, I think everything is now here. 16 beers from 13 brewers is an excellent entry - thanks to all who have sent in a beer. I am very much looking forwarding to tasting them all.

The plan is to judge on Thursday evening, post the winner on Friday and then follow up with individual feedback, most likely early next week as I won't have much spare time this weekend.

Barring any unexpected last minute arrivals, I think everything is now here. 16 beers from 13 brewers is an excellent entry - thanks to all who have sent in a beer. I am very much looking forwarding to tasting them all.

The plan is to judge on Thursday evening, post the winner on Friday and then follow up with individual feedback, most likely early next week as I won't have much spare time this weekend.
So tonight’s the night?

tumblr_njabhe4xlS1rdutw3o1_400.gifv

Morning all.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's judging. Some excellent beers on show and no little debate on what should make the podium - and which should take the top step.

The Top 3 in reverse order...

3rd place: @Benfleet Brewery - Benfleet Pale

2nd place: @MickDundee - "I don't want to change the world' NEIPA

and the winner....

1st place: @dave_77 - West Coast Hazy IPA

Congratulations to all of the medallists.

A big thank you to everyone that entered. The standard was high. We tasted blind initially and I added a commercial 500ml bottled beer (Dark Star APA from Waitrose) as a ringer. It got soundly thrashed.

If the medallists would like to post their recipes, I am sure that would be appreciated.

Back