JJ'S UNDEFEATED BREAKFAST CHALLENGE

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you like Man vs Food?
I enjoy watching some of the recipes but can’t stand the silly hot dishes he takes on.
Don’t get me wrong, I love spicy food, but I remember watching him eat one dish and he was burning up and said something along the lines of “this is so hot, I’m really not enjoying it” and I thought what a waste. A chicken has given its life for you to show off on telly.
Food should be enjoyed and the animals that give their lives should be respected.

I enjoy watching some of the recipes but can’t stand the silly hot dishes he takes on.

Neither did he. It's one of the reasons he quit. He said people would just pour naga extract on everything.

I quite like this guy - I used to love man vs food, but as you say, it's a massive waste of food (and animal lives). He's still doing these videos at the moment, which I guess he has to do in terms of keeping his channel going, but it seems a bit crass at a time when people are struggling to feed their families.

That said, his taco bell menu challenge was impressive...

That looks like the breakfasts dished up at a B&B I stayed at in Dufftown a few years ago. I thought I could manage that until I saw all that toast, too many carbs.

I like the odd episode of Man vs Food - even though I concede it is really just Lowest Common Denominator Entertainment. Everyone can understand it and no-one with any sense would try it at home.

I like the odd episode of Man vs Food - even though I concede it is really just Lowest Common Denominator Entertainment. Everyone can understand it and no-one with any sense would try it at home.
Yeah, buts it’s a laugh isn’t it? Lol

A local pub does a big steak challenge. The main item is 100oz steak. Eat the meal in the set time and it’s free. I could only consider it if the set time was 4 days. 😉

A local pub does a big steak challenge. The main item is 100oz steak. Eat the meal in the set time and it’s free. I could only consider it if the set time was 4 days. 😉

Shared a 72oz steak with friends once. Ordered it medium rare, but it turned up almost 2 inches thick. Outside wonderfully seasoned, but the middle was just a chunk of almost raw, unseasoned beef. Not sure anyone could eat 100oz of that.

Back