Jokes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it offensive none of you know that dogs don't sweat, they pant to cool down.

I always thought they could sweat through pads and noses; as well as losing heat by panting.

Back to he Joe brand topic I see many parallels to the nazi dog case. In both noone was seriously threatened noone intended anyone to be threatened in the dogs case noone was intended to be offended but in jo's I assume they were.

Those who love to be offended on others behalf have won their trial by social media worked and Joe has apologised, is this the end of comedy as we used to know it.

Jo Brand has finally apologised for her "crass' and ill-judged" joke about throwing car battery acid at politicians - but insisted it "wasn't a mistake".

The comedian, 61, is facing a police investigation over the gag, which she made on BBC Radio 4 show Heresy.

She suggested thugs should throw car battery acid over political figures instead of milkshake - referencing a recent incident involving Nigel Farage.

Brand has now addressed the furore and made issues an apology.

According to The Sun , she told an audience in Henley, Oxon: “Looking back it probably was somewhat a crass and ill-judged joke that might upset people.

"Of course I’d never do anything like that. It was purely a fantasy. I’m sorry. I’m a human, I make mistakes.”

However, she reportedly added: "I don’t think it’s a mistake. If you think it is I’m happy to accept that.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jo-brand-finally-apologises-crass-16515555

Jo Brands "apology" obviously means that it would be more effective if people emptied out the battery-acid and threw the battery instead; and I find that hard to argue against when I consider the target!

Yawn.

I have a good sense of humour, a little warped perhaps. But I'm thick skinned, and not a wimp who takes offence easily.

Battery acid or not, the joke is ***** and definitely tame. I've heard much worse and brutal jokes cause an entire comedy show audience to erupt in laughter. Were they animals? No, they were parents, teachers, brothers, sisters. Human beings. Human beings who can differentiate between what's reality and what's not. i.e. real life and a joke...

I think if you're gonna throw acid over someone there is something severely wrong with you, and you don't just do something like that because a comedian said a joke about it. An example used a lot is after Columbine, people blamed video games, heavy metal etc but those guys were just insane and there was no one thing which triggered their rampage. Bringing this back to Jo Brand, looking at a cross section of her fans, I'm not sure they are radicalised either way to pick up battery acid.
Exactly what I suggested, there are people with serious mental health issues wandering the streets, take James Gargasoulas who mowed down pedestrians on Bourke street Melbourne killing 6 people, copycat of terrorist attacks in Europe using a vehicle as a weapon.
I really can't see the need, of anyone promoting acid attacks on anyone joke or not.

What is funny or perhaps more Ironic, is that Jo Brand trained and worked for ten years as a psychiatric nurse. She ought to know very well what people with serious or even mild illnesses can do. Boggles ones mind doesn't it?

Anyhow, back to the jokes.

A Russian spy, an IRA supporter and a Racist walk into a pub .

The barman says ' and what are you drinking tonight, Mr Corbyn?'

Many a true word is spoken in jest... Anyhow after a little consideration I've decided to deny y'all a selection of my best jokes as not only would an instant forum ban result but I'd have the bobbies round to arrest me cos someone with gender identity issuse would be crying in a corner and scarred for life etc. Sorry... ish.

The Labour Supporter was sat with Boris, a good looking young woman and an old dear in a train compartment when the train runs into a tunnel.

Before the lights come on, there's a smacking sound, a grunt and when the lights come on they reveal that Boris has a massive nose-bleed.

Immediately:
  • The little old lady thinks "Pervert! Trying to steal a kiss when the lights go out."
  • The young lady think "Pervert. Kissing that old woman instead of me!"
  • Boris thinks "How unlucky can I get. The man opposite kisses the young girl and I get the blame."
  • The Labour Supporter thinks "Lucky me! I kiss the back of my hand, smack Boris on the nose and nobody says anything!"
Seriously, as Foreign Secretary, Boris approached the Iranian Government to get a reduced sentence for a UK woman being held prisoner in Iran. Less than a week after Boris's intervention the lady had her sentence doubled.

This clown is apparently the front-runner for the position of Prime Minister. If he succeeds then there will be more laughter in Iran than in the UK and we'll need all the jokes we can get!

What is funny or perhaps more Ironic, is that Jo Brand trained and worked for ten years as a psychiatric nurse. She ought to know very well what people with serious or even mild illnesses can do. Boggles ones mind doesn't it?

I’ve been in the job 35 years and I’ve yet to meet someone with a mental illness who is a risk to the public, risk to themselves perhaps but not others. Sad that isn’t it?

I’ve been in the job 35 years and I’ve yet to meet someone with a mental illness who is a risk to the public, risk to themselves perhaps but not others. Sad that isn’t it?
It really is, and I obviously know nothing about mental illness, so easy to make assumptions. Thanks for putting me straight. athumb..

Maybe you haven't met them but they are out there.

Latest posts

Back