Joshua vs Takam

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone else watching the fight tonight? Any predictions?

I think Joshua will knock Takam out within 4 rounds. Way too much power for him.

Anyone else watching the fight tonight? Any predictions?

I think Joshua will knock Takam out within 4 rounds. Way too much power for him.
Blink and you'll miss it,a gigantic mismatch if ever there was one,doubtful if it goes past R1 and a testament to how poor the HW division is atm

Undercard is reasonably entertaining so far. I wouldn't want to get punched by Katie Taylor!

Joshua will obviously win, he’ll have to extend it past first couple of rounds. Probably round 3 it’s all over.

Spoke too soon about the undercard - the Whyte fight has been dull as dishwater. His opponent seemed to damage his hand early on and hasn't made any effort since, yet Whyte still hasn't been able to stop him.

Hmm. I can see both sides of this - I agree that the stoppage was slightly premature, but Takam was never going to win and was badly cut and AJ was raining heavy punches on him so there's an argument for it being the right decision.

Disagree that AJ was struggling. He won every round quite clearly in my opinion. As for not being a 12 round fighter, he went 12 against Klitschko - maybe not the most exciting fighter but one of the most consistent champs of all time. Wilder would be a great fight, certainly not one sided.

Hmm. I can see both sides of this - I agree that the stoppage was slightly premature, but Takam was never going to win and was badly cut and AJ was raining heavy punches on him so there's an argument for it being the right decision.

Disagree that AJ was struggling. He won every round quite clearly in my opinion. As for not being a 12 round fighter, he went 12 against Klitschko - maybe not the most exciting fighter but one of the most consistent champs of all time. Wilder would be a great fight, certainly not one sided.
disagree m8.AJ was blowing like a knackered donkey 6 onwards and has no plan B another Bruno for me but just slightly better

I used to watch boxing regularly but bent decisions and a lack of decent British fighters took its toll.

is it worth watching the fight on a streamed replay? i never got to see it last night!

is it worth watching the fight on a streamed replay? i never got to see it last night!

It wasn't exactly a thriller but it was interesting to see how Joshua dealt with what proved to be a very tricky opponent, and with having his nose broken early on.

Not sure Kelly, I watched a highlight video on youtube and did think the stoppage was a bit early but from what i read in the comments a huge majority said Takam would not have won even if it had not been stopped it early. (i do not follow either fighter or boxing for that matter so the comments may have been biased)

Back