Juicy TIPA Recipe Suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottlesCansCraft

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone made a juicey TIPA that they have been happy with the results and would kindly share the recipe? I find this style one of the hardest to get recipe ideas for.

Thanks

Triple IPA or Tasmanian? If the latter maybe just do an NEIPA but use all galaxy hops?

What even us a triple ipa? 11% and half a kg of hops?

What even us a triple ipa? 11% and half a kg of hops?
Think that pretty much sums it up, looks as though you do a 2nd mash with thw first wort runnings....loads of adjuncts and dry hopping...sounds like a NEIPA on steroids

Triple IPA or Tasmanian? If the latter maybe just do an NEIPA but use all galaxy hops?
Triple IPA. I have some decent recipes for NEIPAs, but didn't know how to vary the hops and grain amounts for taste with the increased abv

Essentially going for a strong NEIPA style
Sounds like you might want one of the IPA recipes from the James Morton 'Brew' book. American Imperial IPA and Totally Tropical sound like what you're describing. Some of the members on here have brewed those recipes. Hope you have a big hop budget. ashock1

Sounds like you might want one of the IPA recipes from the James Morton 'Brew' book. American Imperial IPA and Totally Tropical sound like what you're describing. Some of the members on here have brewed those recipes. Hope you have a big hop budget. ashock1
Do you have a copy of those recipesat all? I would prob make a smaller batch so as not to break the bank

Do you have a copy of those recipesat all? I would prob make a smaller batch so as not to break the bank
RaOlUAx.jpg

I saw this post yesterday and was strangely drawn to the Totally Tropical Pale on the opposite page. I wasn‘t planning to put a brew on today but had the ingredients (Almost) to do a 10 litre batch of this so went for it. Only thing I didn‘t have was a US west coast yeast so used a CML Haze instead. Just hope it finishes lower than the 1.011 that BF predicts with this yeast. Fingers crossed.

Back