July Belgian beers competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will be judging the July monthly competition. It's Belgian style beers which proved to be very popular last year. The plan is to judge on the weekend of the 29th of July. Looking forward to trying a wide variety of beer styles, the bar was set very high last year. 👌

I have a bottle I have been saving for this comp! I'm also doing a N'Ice Couffe clone this month (so it's ready for winter), but that's unlikely to be ready in time for this comp.

I have a Witbier for this one. Had been planning a Saison but it's not getting brewed till the end of the month now.
My witbier vanished without a trace 😳🍻. I was amazed how close to a real Hoegaarden it was when tasting them side-by-side (apart from the fact mine had no head). I used M20, which was a pain as it was a month-long ferment and I swore never to use it again, but given how quickly it all 'evaporated' I'm reconsidering that position.

I’ll get a bottle sorted from the keg of my Saison this weekend. Don’t think it’s as good the first version, the yeast on this one wasn’t as good to me.

I’m not selling this am I 😀

Last edited:
Is Friday the cut off for beers arriving? If you can send the address I'll get a saison in the post today!

Ooh am I too late for this? Not at home at the moment as away with work but could get one in the post over the weekend I think? If it’s too late don’t worry. Belgian Blond

Latest posts

Back