July comp and it's freestyle!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a Vienna Lager that I'd quite like some feedback on. I'm not due home until around the 28th of July though, could be a day or two either side. I'll send it if its likely to arrive by the end of the month if that's ok?

I've got a Vienna Lager that I'd quite like some feedback on. I'm not due home until around the 28th of July though, could be a day or two either side. I'll send it if its likely to arrive by the end of the month if that's ok?
Ooh, I’ve entered a Vienna Lager too. Sent it yesterday. This’ll be interesting athumb..

Hi Ray I'll be judging over the weekend 31st and the 1st probably. Depends how many entries i get. It's totally up to you, but if it doesn't get here in time I could always tell you what I think just can't put you in the comp that's all. I'll still judge it in the same way though.

Hi Ray I'll be judging over the weekend 31st and the 1st probably. Depends how many entries i get. It's totally up to you, but if it doesn't get here in time I could always tell you what I think just can't put you in the comp that's all. I'll still judge it in the same way though.
Thanks Stig, hopefully it arrives in time for the comp, but I'll probably send it anyway if you're kind enough to give feedback on it.

Finally got around to carbing it. Stig, I put a half tsp of sugar into your bottle. Hopefully it'll do the trick. I find bottling from the keg a right pain in the hole when the beer is carbed.
IMG-20200715-WA0010.jpeg

Yeah, think I have tried that. I am also weary of how long the beer will last when bottled from the keg. I have heard very mixed views on the topic.

Yeah, think I have tried that. I am also weary of how long the beer will last when bottled from the keg. I have heard very mixed views on the topic.
I sent a neipa with a ton of Citra into @strange-steve once and it was the same colour as it went in the bottle went from England to Ireland OK. Think I did purge the bottle though could have made the difference

I think its absolutely grand if it's only a few days or a week. I just haven't heard definitive results on what happens as the days go by.

Latest posts

Back